Linux No sound in pipewire

Dream_Helium

Newcomer
I just reinstalled my system and found no sound in Stardew Valley. My system is openSUSE Tumbleweed and uses pipewire as sound backend. Just before it seemed normal. And I installed Debian and Fedora and switched to pipewire, also no sound. So anyone knows why?

Dream_Helium

Newcomer
Just found that if I stop `pipewire-pulse`, there's sound in Stardew Valley. But if I start it, there is no sound.
Tried to run in Terminal, no useful message shown.

This is the screenshot using pipewire-pulse.
Screenshot_20231107_111339.png

This is not using pipewire-pulse, seems that it uses ALSA.
Screenshot_20231107_111435-1.png

chairbender

Newcomer
I know this is old, but in case anyone else stumbles across this. I also use pipewire (with both pipewire-alsa and pipewire-pulse) and had the same experience. I use SMAPI as well. I found the issue was caused by a mod, LowHealthWarning. Removing this mod fixed the issue for me. I am guessing it has some audio-specific logic which is not as robustly coded as the main game, or is specifically not compatible with Linux at all. I had switched from playing on Windows recently so I never thought that some mods may not work properly on Linux.

If others are running into audio issues on Linux and also using mods, I recommend first trying to remove all mods to see if it solves the issue (just move the mod folders temporarily out of the folder). You can then add them back if audio is fixed until it breaks, so you know which mod broke audio.

Quirinea

Farmer
Another comment on sounds in Linux -- some years ago there were constant problems with sound (I used Ubuntu, dunno if it was distribution specific), sound disappearing. needing to restart alsa (I obviously had not made enough offerings to Alsactl (sounds like a Mexican god doesn't it) etc. Dell had problems with headphone plugs. My current laptop doesn't have those problems. So I hope they're generally solved...