No reset min max

Cptldsilver

Planter
Has anyone tried doing a strict no reset min max run? I'd be interested in hearing what strategies would be good for such a playthrough.

Aine

Planter
It would require a lot of luck. And i mean a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT of it. Cause sometimes you get bad lucks days in a row, and that can really affect a min max run. I would sleep on badluck days or use then to farm/wood only, since this isnt affected by luck.

Tom

Farmer
OK. I am finally going to ask this: What is min max? I don't think it's this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minimax

I am pretty sure I am not interested in doing it. But I would like to understand better what it is. Is it when you try to beat a record on one specific thing like Mine Floor 120 in X days or Fishing Level 10 in Y days?

Last edited:

Cptldsilver

Planter
OK. I am finally going to ask this: What is min max? I don't think it's this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minimax

I am pretty sure I am not interested in doing it. But I would like to understand better what it is. Is it when you try to beat a record on one specific thing like Mine Floor 120 in three days or Fishing Level 10 in four days?
It's kind of a silly term, but it's what everybody uses. It means trying to maximize your goal while minimizing anything that distracts from the goal. Most of the time its referring to trying to maximize your cash, at least when I use it.
Also, Isnt it virtually impossible to reach fishing level 10 in 4 days?

Reactions: Tom

Aine

Planter
It was possible before, you could stop time opening the journal, but the fish would still bite. So you would just keep doing that until level 10. This glitch has been fxed in 1.4 I believe.
Heres the youtube video of it:

Cptldsilver

Planter
It was possible before, you could stop time opening the journal, but the fish would still bite. So you would just keep doing that until level 10. This glitch has been fxed in 1.4 I believe.
Oh interesting, I only started playing in 1.4 so I'm not familiar with some of the older strats.

Anhaga

Rancher
I did use that glitch a few times, and then just gave up and got the Timespeed mod (really nice for preventing 2 am fainting spells!). Now I'm curious to see if it would be possible to do this without pausing time. I might go test that once I finish exploring Stardew Expanded.

Cptldsilver

Planter
I did use that glitch a few times, and then just gave up and got the Timespeed mod (really nice for preventing 2 am fainting spells!). Now I'm curious to see if it would be possible to do this without pausing time. I might go test that once I finish exploring Stardew Expanded.
I've never used mods but I keep hearing about stardew expanded. Is it worth the effort to install mods?

Anhaga

Rancher
I've never used mods but I keep hearing about stardew expanded. Is it worth the effort to install mods?
If you're getting a little tired of the standard content, yes--it's a little harder to get the farm started because there is a lot more space with tons of trees and debris, but there are more NPCs and additional areas to explore. I'm only about 15 days in, but I'm really enjoying it so far. I used ModDrop to install the mods once I downloaded them, and that made it pretty easy.