Newcomer

Planter
Hello people,

After a few weeks of lurking around, I finally mustered the courage to register. You all look like a cool bunch here, can't wait to start to participate in discussions :smile:

I bought the game in early May this year and I already poured in more than 150 hours (this game really helped me going through that one month of unemployment). In the meantime, I also reintroduced a friend to the game, indirectly brought another one to buy the game and started writing a fanfic.

My current (and only) farm is in early year 5 as I'm slowly attacking the very late-game grind for money and resources.

I don't really know what else to add to this intro so I guess that will be it. See you on the boards :cool:

Odin

Staff member
Welcome to the forums! Sounds like you've made a lot of progress in the game since getting it!

Hello there and welcome. It's great to have you here with us!

Hello people,

After a few weeks of lurking around, I finally mustered the courage to register. You all look like a cool bunch here, can't wait to start to participate in discussions :smile:

I bought the game in early May this year and I already poured in more than 150 hours (this game really helped me going through that one month of unemployment). In the meantime, I also reintroduced a friend to the game, indirectly brought another one to buy the game and started writing a fanfic.

My current (and only) farm is in early year 5 as I'm slowly attacking the very late-game grind for money and resources.

I don't really know what else to add to this intro so I guess that will be it. See you on the boards :cool:
After getting to year 5, what's the one thing you wish you did differently?

Planter
Resisting the urge to spoiler myself about everything. I had already watched some let's plays (which actually got me into the game) and read the forums and the wiki early on so I knew where I was going from the beginning. SDV is not the kind of game I like to play fully blind so that was fine by me, but I was too impatient to discover and do everything the game has to offer I looked up the solution of a lot of puzzles instead of solving them myself, and didn't allow myself much surprise about Ginger Island. I did try to do some stuff blind when I could, like figuring out the right gifts for people, or some of the Golden Walnut hunt.

Anyways, thanks for the warm welcome guys :smile: