Newbie!!!!!

Kaneki22

Greenhorn
I’ve restarted about 3 times already and had this game for more than 2 years, my advice is to literally take your time. No rush. That’s what I love about Stardew Valley. It’s at your own pace. I also built several treasure chest to organize my items. I sound like a hoarder 😂 but they come in handy!

Last edited:
Welcome, Killa!

My advice is that you best befriend with all the folks in town, whilst building and expanding your farm. Each of them will give you their own unique benefits. Greeting and talking with them everyday will increase your relationship with them. Giving them gift will greatly boost your relationship with them, especially when you give it in their birthday. But just make sure to know what they like and not. Other than that, just try to relax and enjoy the game. You will discover many tricks as you play through.

tommybob

Planter
Welcome to the forums!

Advice time! Take it slow and enjoy it, read every word and fall into the lore and relationships that Stardew brings.
Also, the Stardew wiki is your best friend. I learn everything from it.

Killa_cam52

Greenhorn
You guys are awesome!!!! Not only is this game amazing and relaxing, but these are probably the nicest forums ive ever been on.

Grimzy

Planter
Hi hope you like the game so far. (: I'll have to agree with Kaneki22's post. I remember when I first started this game I felt so overwhelmed because I felt I needed to do so many things at once. There is plenty of time for it all ^_^. I'd say make a chest to store one of each item for later use. Never know when a use for a specific item will pop up and you'll already have it saved in the chest (:

Odin

Staff member
Welcome! I'd say keep in mind the game doesn't have hardly any deadlines, so just play at your own pace :)

Journi

Planter
Sorry for the late reply, but welcome to the forums dear! :D
if you have any questions, let me know! I'll gladly answer them.

Anodyne

Farmhand
Welcome! My advice that I told my friend recently would be:
-farming is super profitable so plant at least something every season
-take advantage of mining
-befriend marnie if you haven't already ;)