Newbie, iPad game question

Dragonfly

Greenhorn
Anyone else out there us their iPad to play? Is some content not available on the iPad and can you have more then 1 saved farm? I’m afraid to try as I don’t want to end up deleting my current farm. I’m well into it but I wanted to create a different farm and choose different option. Thank you in advance ;-)

Ereo

Helper
You can have several farms on mobile as well.

As for content, mobile is still waiting for the latest update (1.5) which added new tasks and a new area.
Multiplayer is not available for mobile and probably never will be.

Dragonfly

Greenhorn
Yes, I know you can make different farms on other platforms, I don’t find anything info in Regards to an iPad which leads me to think you can…?? that is why I asked here! Hopefu someone can here will know.

Dragonfly

Greenhorn
You can have several farms on mobile as well.

As for content, mobile is still waiting for the latest update (1.5) which added new tasks and a new area.
Multiplayer is not available for mobile and probably never will be.
Sooooo when I load the game itself and it says load or new I can pick new and it will NOT delete my current farm…. Lol just confirming. It would Really stink if I lost my game. Also do you know anything about Willy’s boat? I have done everything but still no invite to help him fix it. ?

Ereo

Helper
Yes, you can click new and it won't affect your other farm :)

Willys boat will bring you to the new area I mentioned, so it's not on mobile yet.

As far as I know, the mobile team is working on converting it, but there has been no release date mentioned.

Dragonfly

Greenhorn
Lol ohhhh ok. I new about the boat and thought I might have missed a step. Do mobile can not get to Ginger Island? That stinks. What am I supposed to do now. I don’t have any new tasks to do, at least that I can do. It feels like a stale mate and I’m just growing and build things… ugh. i Hope they fix it soon or I could see it betting boring. Any suggestions?

Dragonfly

Greenhorn
:heart: Lol that is a good idea… thank you for your help, I appreciate the fact that you took the time to answer. do you have any suggestions on which option I should try next?

Ereo

Helper
:heart: Lol that is a good idea… thank you for your help, I appreciate the fact that you took the time to answer. do you have any suggestions on which option I should try next?
I like to make different farms with different topics.

Use the forest farm for a foraging run. How far can you go without buying seeds?

Use the four corners to plan and segregate your activities, or have separate pastures for your animals.

Hilltop and river both look very pretty and are good for decorating.

You can do a fishermen's run, a miner's run, be a beekeeper, fill a farm with fishponds...

Swartzki

Tiller
Anyone else out there us their iPad to play? Is some content not available on the iPad and can you have more then 1 saved farm? I’m afraid to try as I don’t want to end up deleting my current farm. I’m well into it but I wanted to create a different farm and choose different option. Thank you in advance ;-)
I play on my iPhone and have no issues with multiple saves.

Welcome Dragonfly :)

I play on iPad too. Yes, mobile users lack update 1.5 (they are working on it) and yes you can have more than one game on the same iPad device (I have several, they are each put into a different numbered/named folder in the file system like Farmer_123456789, Farmer_987654321).. and, you can even transfer that game between devices and some other platforms. So when I max out the content for iPad oh my farms, I plan to transfer my save files to PC or Linux. I installed a year or more ago, removed, then reinstalled the app and my game was still sitting there because of its presence in the files folder on the device that I was unaware of at that time lol.

If you look in the files app on iOS, there is a Stardew Valley folder, it has your save files in it. I back those up regularly to another location, and have even edited my save files on iOS to change my farm cave option (after creating a backup and saving it to Google drive, just to be on the safe side so I couldn't get my games confused). I'm hoping by the time I max out all the other content, that the mobile update will be ready. If not, not a big deal to transfer for me (apparently consoles can't transfer because no access to save files, but I have found third-party guides between the mobile platforms and PC/Mac). Though the nice part amount staying on mobile is the "emergency save" option where we can save anytime we want, I read this requires mods on other platforms and that only going to bed will save otherwise on these if what I read is correct.

More about save file location here:

Last edited: