New ways to harvest [Probably game breaking]

R_Akuma

Greenhorn
With introductions of new farmable locations, harvesting now takes more time and energy for a solo player, so to ease it up a bit here's 2 ideas for new ways to harvest:

1. Scarecrow Basket - A scarecrow upgrade/attachment to make it harvest all harvestable crop inside it's range (probably game breaking when attaching it to deluxe scarecrows)
2. Basket - Usable tool mainly used to collect crops in a radius. It can be upgraded to increase radius just like the other tools.

With introductions of new farmable locations, harvesting now takes more time and energy for a solo player, so to ease it up a bit here's 2 ideas for new ways to harvest:

1. Scarecrow Basket - A scarecrow upgrade/attachment to make it harvest all harvestable crop inside it's range (probably game breaking when attaching it to deluxe scarecrows)
2. Basket - Usable tool mainly used to collect crops in a radius. It can be upgraded to increase radius just like the other tools.
There is already a late game automation, see here: It would be nice to have the same/similar possibilities at all locations.

imnvs

Local Legend
As pointed out by @Freizeitfarmer there is already automated harvesting available on your farm in late game.

I think that this not being available at other farming locations, since those locations can grow any plant at any time of year, is something of a balancer. That you can't automate the harvesting there forces you to decide exactly how much work you want to put into these locations.

R_Akuma

Greenhorn
My issue with that solution is that well, its late game, so I probably won't even be harvesting where that can be used and instead be using the new location for my farming/harvesting needs, and using my farm for artisan/animals. By that point in the game I just don't see that using Junimo Huts as that useful.

Then again, I do realize that this suggestion might eat up Junimo Huts usefulness so I pretexted it with Game breaking (probably not the right word in this context now that I think about it lol)

My issue with that solution is that well, its late game, so I probably won't even be harvesting where that can be used and instead be using the new location for my farming/harvesting needs, and using my farm for artisan/animals. By that point in the game I just don't see that using Junimo Huts as that useful.

Then again, I do realize that this suggestion might eat up Junimo Huts usefulness so I pretexted it with Game breaking (probably not the right word in this context now that I think about it lol)
So you basically ask for an earlier way to harvest faster/better!? Actually for me harvesting is much easier then seeding. So it's not a big problem.
But I do like the idea of a harvest basket which can be upgraded similar to the can. On the other hand one already has many tools. So another tool would fill the inventory slots even more. So I am not sure how to handle that best.

imnvs

Local Legend
Then again, I do realize that this suggestion might eat up Junimo Huts usefulness so I pretexted it with Game breaking
It wouldn't "eat up usefulness". It would make them straight-up obsolete entirely as presented, whether or not it can be done on deluxe scarecrows.

I have yet to use Junimo Huts, but I like the farm aspect. As a solo player, I just make sure to only plant what I can handle... The animals are a bit more difficult to have some restraint, but that is just because they are so cute! Watering has been the only real problem and that's because I tend to forget to make sprinklers before planting :sweat: If your still having problems then try to stagger harvests... That tends to work pretty well for me. Of course, this means you may need to spend some time irl to figure out when to plant each crop and how much you can handle.