New Player and Update 1.6.9

Denyele

Greenhorn
Hello Farmers.

I am just recently moved to Pelican town. I am there for less than a month. I am still quite an outsider and just had won the eggday competition.

Now I heard of a some changes in the Valley will happen at the beginnig of November.

Ehmm. I guess I need to break character now. .

I play the game on switch and I want to know should I wait for the update to continue, or start over. Or can I just keep playing and enjoy the new content as ot comes?

Thanks for the advice🙂

Ereo

Helper
You can keep playing and the updated content will be added to your world.

Some things make more sense when you discover them s as you go though, that’s why I like starting new save files with an update. It also comes with a new farm map type.

I would keep playing now, and when the update comes you can still decide to start a new save or continue yours, or you can do both, you’re not limited to one save file.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Would be cool if you could export the farmer from one save and move it to another while retaining some aspects of the farmer.
Yeah absolutely like a terraria character. It's just a bit tougher because the character is more intrinsically linked to the world than in terraria. They have friendships with characters (would those transfer as universal friendship or the new file characters be considered new), ect.

Not to mention the difficulties in setting it up, I'm incredibly inexperienced in coding but I can't imagine it would be trivial

Lew Zealand

Helper
Hello Farmers.

I am just recently moved to Pelican town. I am there for less than a month. I am still quite an outsider and just had won the eggday competition.

Now I heard of a some changes in the Valley will happen at the beginnig of November.

Ehmm. I guess I need to break character now. .

I play the game on switch and I want to know should I wait for the update to continue, or start over. Or can I just keep playing and enjoy the new content as ot comes?

Thanks for the advice🙂
Since you're new to the Valley, I'd continue with your current farm as there's nothing particularly different about the new farm since the other 6 farm maps are just as new to you. Just enjoy what you're doing in Pelican town and the new things will make seamlessly integrate themselves into your gameplay. If you were on a Year 3 or 4 Farm then it might be nice to start on a fresh save to get the new content interspersed into the intervening years, but there's no need to squander a fresh Egg Hunt victory at Abigail's expense and of course that new hat!