Issue New Game crashes immediately after intro cutscene

13Iamlucky13

Newcomer
Oddly enough it successfully creates a save. Trying to load said save just yields a similar crash. I've tried doing this without any of the mods SMAPI says are likely to cause errors and got the same result, so I suspect the error is in my deck running SMAPI itself (the log shared is my most recent attempt with all my installed mods).

Info:
Game ver. 1.68
Linux (Steam Deck)
SMAPI ver 4.0.8
Log:

DreamWolf

Farmhand
Like you mentioned, it might be your Steam Deck, but did you try downloading the regular SMAPI version? It looks like you're using the developer version.

13Iamlucky13

Newcomer
Like you mentioned, it might be your Steam Deck, but did you try downloading the regular SMAPI version? It looks like you're using the developer version.
I'd tried the developer version after having that same issue originally with the regular version to see if it might work or at least make the problem obvious. No dice sadly

DreamWolf

Farmhand
Maybe a file verification could help.
(I doubt that's the issue, but you don’t need both Frontier Farm and Grandpa’s Farm—only one is needed.)

salmonsalmon

Cowpoke
Disclaimer I don't have a steam deck... but I have read from the SDV reddit page that SDV crashing on the steam deck is common and the two biggest answers I have seen is using proton experimental and launching the game steam mode. I don't know if you're using a controller, but I have read that also makes the game crash, same with changing the default controls.