New crab pot creatures and items

Nick457

Sodbuster
Just thought some some new creatures or things you can get with crab pots seemed like a neat idea

Blue crabs
Void shrimp
Star fish
Hermit crabs
Slugs
Midnight lobsters
Lava crabs
Ice lobsters
Lava seaweed
Ice clam
Midnight snail
Golden clam

And I also thought getting some new legendary fish that you can only get with the crab pots seemed like a neat Idea too

Mutant shrimp
Spider lobster
Giant snail
Horror crab
Mythical Crayfish

Comm

Tiller
Just thought some some new creatures or things you can get with crab pots seemed like a neat idea

Blue crabs
Void shrimp
Star fish
Hermit crabs
Slugs
Midnight lobsters
Lava crabs
Ice lobsters
Lava seaweed
Ice clam
Midnight snail
Golden clam

And I also thought getting some new legendary fish that you can only get with the crab pots seemed like a neat Idea too

Mutant shrimp
Spider lobster
Giant snail
Horror crab
Mythical Crayfish
Sounds interesting. Maybe it would instead be an upgraded one instead of a normal one.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Yeah I mean most of stardew fish are pretty regular with a slight spin or aspect that makes them imaginary and fantastical, adding so many weird things such as fire seaweed would take away from that in my opinion.
Also legendary crabpot creatures would take the whole point of legendaries away from them, they are supposed to be these one of a kind, hard to catch, location specific fish that have this lore behind them, the only way to implement crabpot legendaries would be to make them hard to get and that would just be another rare drop, nothing exicitng or invigorating.

Kurachi84

Planter
I like it, maybe with upgraded crab pots and maybe special bait that only does good for crab pots, which would require a LOT of late game work, to make it not easy accessible.
It's just one of each("of each" if there'd be more), and hard to get, as it'd require lots of late game work(maybe with late year requirement, too), and would be very rare.
It could unlock some new places, too. Like a new island that would contact the farmer after they found and caught it.

Well, more ideas for SDV in general, and this topic's involved XD

Comm

Tiller
Yeah I mean most of stardew fish are pretty regular with a slight spin or aspect that makes them imaginary and fantastical, adding so many weird things such as fire seaweed would take away from that in my opinion.
Also legendary crabpot creatures would take the whole point of legendaries away from them, they are supposed to be these one of a kind, hard to catch, location specific fish that have this lore behind them, the only way to implement crabpot legendaries would be to make them hard to get and that would just be another rare drop, nothing exicitng or invigorating.
I feel like a new crab pot minigame would be cool. So you actually have to work for stuff instead of have it magically appear suddenly maybe like the fishing game but side to side instead of up and down.

I feel like a new crab pot minigame would be cool. So you actually have to work for stuff instead of have it magically appear suddenly maybe like the fishing game but side to side instead of up and down.
Mabye overhauling the system of crab pots and like a net item? You put it out and then the next day you do a bunch of minigames to catch everything?

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Screw the purpose of a crabpot. I love doing stuff for myself.
Then maybe someething custom, like you could leave your fishing rod "mounted" in the dirt and come back for something that is themed arounnd more "timid" fish or something, then it would have a realy counterpart that makes sense.

Comm

Tiller
Then maybe someething custom, like you could leave your fishing rod "mounted" in the dirt and come back for something that is themed arounnd more "timid" fish or something, then it would have a realy counterpart that makes sense.
Yeah that sounds cool.