1.6 Update New but expensive way of farming clay

As of versions 1.6 and above pre-1.6 clay farming has been patched unless legacy clay farming has been enabled for a save file.

In 1.6 there's a new item called treasure totem, and it spawns a ring of artifact spots around the player. The treasure totem recipe is unlocked by unlocking the foraging mastery and is made using 10 moss, 5 hardwood and 1 mystic sap. Treasure totems can be used on any tillable tile even the ones in the mines. Since the artifact spots in mines don't have a drop table on their own, you can use treasure totems to farm clay this way.

I'm not sure if the generous enchant on a hoe affects artifact spots.

1000012540.png

1000012539.png

1000012537.png

Deffy

Cowpoke
I have been doing this to farm all the omni geodes I needed and more. The generous enchant does indeed work on those artifact spots. It's unbelievably lucrative on ginger island, try it. Yes clay farming is also very effective in the desert, but probably even better in the cave through? Not sure.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I have been doing this to farm all the omni geodes I needed and more. The generous enchant does indeed work on those artifact spots. It's unbelievably lucrative on ginger island, try it. Yes clay farming is also very effective in the desert, but probably even better in the cave through? Not sure.
As the mines doesn’t have a dedicated artifact loot table it just grabs another areas loot table. I assume this is of the farm but most places should have a similar clay output.

ArtifactSpot

As one who is absolutely mesmerized by artifact spots (hence my name) this is just too cool! So I have generous on my hoe from 1.5, what will I need in 1.6 to get this ring of AS?

As one who is absolutely mesmerized by artifact spots (hence my name) this is just too cool! So I have generous on my hoe from 1.5, what will I need in 1.6 to get this ring of AS?
Treasure totems which the recipe is unlocked from the new mastery system. You need to go for foraging mastery and recipe requires 10 moss, 5 hardwood and 1 mystic sap.

Mystic sap is obtained by tapping mystic trees which are new from the update.