Neptune's Glaive vs Broken Trident

Elenna101

Farmer
Neptune's glaive, for sure. In my opinion daggers don't get useful till you get to late game and can increase the crit chances a lot.
(But if you want, there's nothing really stopping you from bringing both and testing them both out.)

Lew Zealand

Helper
I'm a simple sort so broken < less broken. And that Glaive also possesses all the shininess which serves to blind your adversaries while you rain sweet up-to-35 Damage upon their feeble skins and bones and occasional scales. The Broken Trident (is that a Bi-dent?) tops out at 26 Damage and, while your enemies run the risk of a lingering tetanus infection if hit, they're well aware that you're fighting with barely functional, formerly formidable fork that now fails to fill your foes with fear.

Pick the shiny sword every time.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Honestly just being both, glaive has better versitility especially for the earlier flying bugs but the broken trident can deal great dps with its special attack too.

Elenna101

Farmer
Is no one else worried about the -1 speed on the sword? I find I'm at a disadvantage if I don't have a significant speed boost on my weapon. Or is that perhaps tied to my personally abysmal reaction speed?
Eh, it's fine. I'd rather have slower speed than the dagger's tiny hitbox. This might just be my personal inability to aim though.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Is no one else worried about the -1 speed on the sword? I find I'm at a disadvantage if I don't have a significant speed boost on my weapon. Or is that perhaps tied to my personally abysmal reaction speed?
Eh, it's fine. I'd rather have slower speed than the dagger's tiny hitbox. This might just be my personal inability to aim though.
Pretty much what Elenna101 said. I am useless at wielding daggers because of the tiny area where their supafast pokiness works. While I've found -2 and especially -4 Speed to be a real obstruction to my feeble Combat skills, the -1 isn't so different that I wouldn't immediately go for the Glaive unless I already had a Sword that does the same or better Damage.