Need Help With Finding Save Files (PC/Windows)

SoftViceMaster

Farmhand
Hello! I have been having a difficult time figuring out how to access my saves for Stardew on my PC. Because I have been following every guide I've seen (including on the wiki), and yet there is only a 'content' folder on my computer every single time. I even tried re-installing the game multiple times, getting rid of all my SMAPI files on my computer (I don't even use it anymore because it bugs the game out every time for me), and turning off Steam Cloud Save...but I still have my old saves and cannot access the file where they actually are. It's just not showing up for me, I even got my brother to try and help me as he's more tech savvy. But even he couldn't figure any of this out.

Anyone have any clue on how to fix this issue? Because I wanna use a save someone gave me on a previous thread I made, I know I just have to find the files where my saves are and drag/drop the new save file right into it. But I cannot find the file, it's not on my computer but it should be.

Update #1: Ok, this is the thread I need to enter in my PC to find the saves (( \Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\StardewValley\Saves )). But I tried that, it hasn't worked for me (I use Windows 10). Imma try it again, if I can actually find my saves I'm pinning it to my Quick Access bar so I don't have another headache about this ever again.

Update #2: I've done the steps, but no 'app data' file exits on my laptop. I use a notebook laptop, maybe that's why. But there is no evidence that such a file exits for me. I am losing my mind.

Last edited:

ISSsloth

Farmer
Is your problem that the AppData folder doesn't appear? Iirc, it can be hidden. If that's the case, input "%appdata%" (without the quotations) into the search bar on the bottom of the screen, and it will directly pull up the folder.

SoftViceMaster

Farmhand
Is your problem that the AppData folder doesn't appear? Iirc, it can be hidden. If that's the case, input "%appdata%" (without the quotations) into the search bar on the bottom of the screen, and it will directly pull up the folder.
Press windows+r

Type into that "%appdata%"

Scroll down in that folder to the stardew folder, inside of that is a folder titled "saves"
Tried both, there is no 'app data' folder on my computer. I even changed it to where it will now show me hidden files, and nothing. It just doesn't exist on my computer.

Is it just different on a notebook laptop?

Lew Zealand

Helper
No it shouldn't be different but I'll ask: Are you using Windows 11 and/or OneDrive? Both of these will redirect different aspects of your user folder on your PC in annoying ways.

BUT

I have a cheat for you because I like cheats.

Open Stardew and load an existing Save
Esc to the tabbed overlay and click the far right tab with the Gamepad icon
Scroll all the way to the bottom and take a Screenshot
Click the Open Screenshot Folder button

This should open your Stardew Screenshot folder in Windows Explorer and go one Folder up to find your Saves folder.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Tried both, there is no 'app data' folder on my computer. I even changed it to where it will now show me hidden files, and nothing. It just doesn't exist on my computer.

Is it just different on a notebook laptop?
What is the operating system you're on?

Have you tried creating a new save since uninstalling? the folder may just not exist at all currently.