Need help resizing sprite frames.

I recently decided that I wanted to change the appearance of my baby in-game - I wanted to add a bow headband to my baby girl’s sprite, just for some variety so she looks different from my future boy.

Plus it looks adorable.

To do this, I chose to replace the Harveybaby.png in the Babies Take After Spouse mod by editing the image to have the bow. There were no issues up until my baby was out of the crib. I hadn’t worked with sprites before, although I have messed with furniture mods, picking and choosing what I wanted for my private use, and understand that images need to be placed in certain positions - otherwise I ended up with a few pixels of one furniture item cropped in with another.

I found that something similar has happened to my baby. The issue is that I had to move a few rows of my baby sprites down so her bow doesn’t overlap with the sprite above. I have the PYTK mod downloaded and foolishly thought that I didn’t need to modify the sprite frame sizes as long as that mod existed.

Anyways, I realized my mistake, and am trying to fix it. However, I’m confused on how PYTK works. I want to target specific rows of sprites and add some height to the frames. Can I target specific rows and enlarge them? I suppose it doesn’t matter if all the sprite frames are resized, but I thought I’d throw that out there just in case it does matter.

I did visit the Scale-Up mod on nexus, and there was a brief explanation of how to use the Scale-up feature in PYTK. I’m new to modding, although I do know how to code some things such as overlays and seasonal overlays. I just couldn’t understand the instructions.

Does the .json have to be next to the image? Why?

I use windows 10, so when I view the content.json files in mods, the file type reads as .json. However, the instructions mentioned adding a .pytk to the .json. Do I simply rename the .json to, for example, Harveybaby.pytk?

Thanks to anyone who reads this! I know it’s long, but I appreciate any help I can get!