Art My SDV Cross Stitch [SPOILERS]

MissDandy

Farmer
Stardew Valley inspired me to start doing cross stitch, so here are some of the pattern's I've done so far! Some of you have probably seen the SDV cross stitch guide/book, but I don't have that. I've been working off of blurry internet images and blurry internet images alone. I hope you like them!:owo:

This first one was inspired by the first tree I ever planted in game. Sadly, it was the one tree out of the 12 currently on my farm that got struck by lightning, so it's not around anymore. So, I made this instead. It's my second cross stitch project, it's got 16 colours:
IMG_6339.JPG

This second one is actually my first ever cross stitch project, so I kinda had to do the chickens. The canvas was a lot bigger so the colours aren't as pronounced, but it was still a challenge for the first time. It has 24 colours:
IMG_6341.JPG

Laus

Greenhorn
These are wonderful, the use of colours adds a lot of depth. Haven't seen a lot of cross-stitch art in a while, I love this!

Lew Zealand

Helper
Heh, our extended family is a needlepoint and cross-stitch haven (there's a 171 year old framed cross-stitch sitting next to the bed here which needs hanging) so I guess I grew up with pixel art before that got its computer association. These are great and now I'm thinking of how to make some SDV-themed pillows...

MissDandy

Farmer
Wow thank you guys for all the nice comments!
Looks nice! Although I don't know what cross stitch is...
You just take thread and make a pattern, creating an 'X' shape with every stitch :)
I love this! Wish I was skilled enough to do something like this!
If you ever were to try it, I'm sure you would be! These are my first two projects, and I really thought it would be more difficult than it was!
when a tree is hit by lightning it will go back to normal after a couple of days, so no need to cut it down (and a tree producing coal is pretty cool).
Wow, I really wish I knew this a month ago, it could have saved me so much pain 😂 Thank you for letting me know!
Heh, our extended family is a needlepoint and cross-stitch haven (there's a 171 year old framed cross-stitch sitting next to the bed here which needs hanging) so I guess I grew up with pixel art before that got its computer association. These are great and now I'm thinking of how to make some SDV-themed pillows...
I would probably be in heaven too. My mom's family always did cross stitch so she pretty much handed down all the colours to me haha. And if you do make some pillows, I would totally love to see them, they would be so cool.
These are awesome! I agree the colors really bring these to life. ❤
Thanks! I'm glad they came out bright enough :)

benjellyman

Planter
Now can you make them out of those meltable plastic circles that you melt with an iron?
I used to play with perler all the time as a kid. I alway thought they were cool. It just was frustrating when I spilled em.
Imagine doing one with a chicken from SDV though, I'd be impressed.