Interior My Restaurant and family home. PS4

kailomonkey

Tiller
It still needs some work as I tend to adhoc a lot, but here is my farmhouse set up to resemble a bit of a restaurant.
  • I have tables, chairs, everything set up to produce any kitchen dish in the game and in a reasonable quantity. Pick the fish you want to eat from the tank!
  • The room above it was meant to resemble a rooftop eating area although it mostly houses my rewards, so that needs improving.
  • The middle room is just left over of what was the nursery. Abbi provided the desk and desk chair so I think she wants it as a study.
  • On the right is a pretty shambolically arranged garden area within the house supposed to resemble having a pond!
  • The bedroom is split into 3 rooms, one for each of our growing kids. (sadly they stopped growing of course)
  • Lastly was a desert/sand/beach themed playroom which now has a DJ set up and extra beds for multiplayer guests.
Ideas and thoughts for the upper rooms welcome. I would like to develop them, maybe sofas in the room above the restaurant for a chillout lounge area for tea and coffee drinkers. And the nursery could have some of the kitchen production stuff moved to it like my fish chests (the blue ones), preserves thing, cheese press etc. Maybe the garden theme could move to the rooftop room considering it's a farm restaurant not city lol.
Stardew Valley_.png

Last edited:

Lew Zealand

Helper
Hey that restaurant looks great! Maybe get a game room or pool hall for the upstairs rooms. Not sure what works as a stand-in for the pool table, need to have a look. However maybe the Jukebox could go there and if you ever beat JotPK I think you get your own console for the house. Yeah I know a big ask, I've never even been past the first stage (beat it with Abby's help in heart event). Maybe get one or two of the round fish tanks for "flair"?

Last edited:

kailomonkey

Tiller
Nice ideas. Abi would be over the moon if we got JotPK in our house. Often leave its soundtracks on the jukebox for her. Upstairs would definitely be a better place for the jukebox. I may try to keep the room immediately above as a rooftop balcony area and make the nursery the game's room if I can get that to work. Would be nice to have a bar somehow up there.

kailomonkey

Tiller
I gave your idea a try it's gonna take me a while to get the arcade machine at which point I'll move the 'pool table' left a bit to fit it in and keep the room accessible. As you can see I stuck with the corner room in the end and the centre top room is shaping toward another split room between tea and coffee making and Abi's study she wanted. I've still got my garden corner room I thought about moving her into as I'm not getting much satisfaction from it but I like Abi where she is. She chose that room lol. So I don't know yet what it will become as the business is all on the left and family home on the right.

Stardew Valley_20220809233526.jpg

Lew Zealand

Helper
That is a great pool table! I didn't think there was anything good in the Catalog for it but you totally got it. Couch, big TV, Joja light, Jukebox, that turned out really great! Good luck getting the Arcade Game, that's just a bit of a challenge.

And I love the Tea and Coffee bar!

kailomonkey

Tiller
Thank you you're very kind. The pool table is closest I could find it's not perfect but is a fine stand in :)

Where the mayonnaise and preserves jar sit are now more barrels (mirroring the tea coffee barrel layout) sporting beer, ale and mead. They don't produce as fast as tea and coffee but fast enough to fein fresh production (versus wine)! Although there should probably be more due to the slower process. Haven't fit my extra fish chests in yet either. But it looks pretty nice as is I agree :D

Perhaps mead could stay with the tea/coffee and beer/ale could move to the corner room since they would have to be brewed over a day or two.

Last edited:

kailomonkey

Tiller
Update: The garden area is now for beer brewing, I don't have the arcade yet but I guess some sort of capsule vendor is in its place for now, we (had) a pet slime (Abi killed it) and she cleared the sand out the playroom. Who am I to argue!

Plus a Joja Cola cooler also containing snacks and other cold beverages, cold fish storage moved into the tea prep room, Abi has an amethyst maker in her study, jam (jelly) making returns to the main kitchen.

Looking again at the photo today perhaps the jams should be produced in the tea room like a cafe thing. The mead would need fitting into the garden somewhere. But then do I need a dedicated cafe seating area separate from the bar-like area, and where can I sensibly arrange and fit it all in! Especially without upsetting Abi regarding the study. May require swapping the bar and cafe space...

Stardew Valley__13.png

Stardew Valley__12.png

Last edited: