Switch My Cat Doesn’t Love me? 😮‍💨😹

Parkergraves

Greenhorn
I’m on year four. I’ve been tending to my cat extra careful these past two game years and I can’t see to get that perfect friendship with the cat… I know I missed a whole bunch in year one grinding the mines and the forests to get resources.

question 1: how many days in a row does it typically take to get the cat to perfect?

Question 2: is it just water dish and petting?

Lew Zealand

Helper
You get 12 Friendship Points when you pet your cat and 6 when you water their bowl and the total needed to get the "loves you" response is 1000 points. So the answer to Question 2 is 'yes'. Now that's 2 entire seasons if there's no rain to auto-fill their bowl and steal your 6 points for the day, which will happen on occasion. So a bit more than 2 seasons if you're consistent.

You can check your current happy cat status in your Animals tab when you pause the game, how many :heart: do you have in there so far?

Parkergraves

Greenhorn
You get 12 Friendship Points when you pet your cat and 6 when you water their bowl and the total needed to get the "loves you" response is 1000 points. So the answer to Question 2 is 'yes'. Now that's 2 entire seasons if there's no rain to auto-fill their bowl and steal your 6 points for the day, which will happen on occasion. So a bit more than 2 seasons if you're consistent.

You can check your current happy cat status in your Animals tab when you pause the game, how many :heart: do you have in there so far?
I’m on the switch… so I can’t see that menu :/
But thanks! That should be good. I’ll just blast through this season and see where it takes me

HappyPenguin

Farmhand

Will your cat's friendship points decrease if you don't pet/water them?

Parkergraves

Greenhorn
You also might have missed the "Pet name loves you" message
I don’t think so, I neglected poor Ari so I could get all the resources for my barns and coops/house upgrades (which i just found out I don’t get 1.6 yet… sad)

Plus I don’t have the option at Marnie’s to adopt other pets yet.

I don’t think so, I neglected poor Ari so I could get all the resources for my barns and coops/house upgrades (which i just found out I don’t get 1.6 yet…
Hmm if you pet her almost every day for 2 years you should almost certainlyhave gotten it at some point.

Plus I don’t have the option at Marnie’s to adopt other pets yet.
This is a 1.6 addition so it would make sense that you don't have the option

Parkergraves

Greenhorn
Hmm if you pet her almost every day for 2 years you should almost certainlyhave gotten it at some point.

This is a 1.6 addition so it would make sense that you don't have the option
well, if I did… great… I’m going to keep grinding until the end of fall… and if I already did… and skipped the message…. Shame on me lol

And yet another 1.6 feature I’m impatiently waiting for. Guess it’s half my fault for getting into the game after that update and learning the hard way I guess haha 😂

Parkergraves

Greenhorn
Update: Spent 3 Full Seasons tending to my Cat. It rained/stormed a LOT during the summer, so added a full other season for good measure and nothing happened. I’m going to assume that I reached full friendship but missed the notification? My cat has not brought me any gifts tho, perhaps a v1.6 mechanic?

Lew Zealand

Helper
Update: Spent 3 Full Seasons tending to my Cat. It rained/stormed a LOT during the summer, so added a full other season for good measure and nothing happened. I’m going to assume that I reached full friendship but missed the notification? My cat has not brought me any gifts tho, perhaps a v1.6 mechanic?
I think you missed the notification, sorry. You've cared for your cat too much for it not to love you and yes, the cat gift mechanic was introduced in v1.6 so you can't even use that as an indicator.