Music looping option please :(

Dan563

Newcomer
why does the music CONSTANTLY stop playing I feel like I get 2 mins of music at the beginning then it’s so inconsistent and pretty much gone for 80% of play experience. It has honestly ruined the immersion and the overall experience of the game it feels so empty without it
:(
a music looping option would be amazing!

MayorLouise

Greenhorn
Yes, please! I love the music and would really like it to continue to play in the background while I'm playing the game.

Cthulhu

Sodbuster
???

Am I the only person who has no idea what they're talking about? I've *never* had the music cut out on me. O_o

Odin

Staff member
Am I the only person who has no idea what they're talking about? I've *never* had the music cut out on me. O_o
What they're referring to is the fact that the game won't play music constantly if you stay in a location for a long period of time. For example, when you exit the farmhouse in the morning onto your farm, a song will begin playing. If you stay on your farm long enough for the song to play all the way through, at the end of the song you'll just have the background sounds of "nature" in the game. The music can change when you move to a new map, but doesn't always. It's possible that some of your confusion is from their use of the term "cut out", when it would be a bit more accurate to say that when a song ends, another one doesn't start.

It definitely seems that some people notice this much more than others, I do notice when there isn't music playing in the game, but it's never bothered me. (Minecraft, another one of my favorite games, has a similar approach to music).

I will say for those that are bothered by this, you can at least use the Mini-Jukebox to get looping music on your farm or inside buildings on your farm.

why does the music CONSTANTLY stop playing I feel like I get 2 mins of music at the beginning then it’s so inconsistent and pretty much gone for 80% of play experience. It has honestly ruined the immersion and the overall experience of the game it feels so empty without it
:(
a music looping option would be amazing!
Translation: Thanks, creators. The music is phenomenal, I’d like to listen to it forever if possible. Keep on being great!

imnvs

Local Legend
I will say for those that are bothered by this, you can at least use the Mini-Jukebox to get looping music on your farm or inside buildings on your farm.
I personally think we should be able to drop a jukebox where we want to set the music everywhere... just with the risk of it getting destroyed, just like other things dropped in public spaces.

Cthulhu

Sodbuster
Yes, yes to the Jukebox Ring! And I suspect I never noticed the music ending, especially since my farm has the jukebox playing, and I'm rarely in any one screen long enough for the music to end anywhere else.

KactusNZ

Cowpoke
I mostly only have this happen if I have to pause the game and step away for a bit, come back and no music til it cuts in again at midday. Would be nice if it looped.