Multiplayer Journey of the Prairie King

Potatoes

Farmer
My wife and I have been really enjoying the split screen multiplayer of the Switch. It would be really nice if we could play a two player version of JotPK instead of each person playing their own game (also we found out time does not stop when we’re both playing).

I always thought it would be kind of fun if you could play through the whole game with Abigail, and play with her more than just that one time; maybe once you get to 8 hearts you can meet her at her home and play whenever or something.

I always thought it would be kind of fun if you could play through the whole game with Abigail, and play with her more than just that one time; maybe once you get to 8 hearts you can meet her at her home and play whenever or something.
I though so too and I think I made already a suggestion for it.
Anyway I would like to see corporate minigames as part of Community Center cuz that's what it is for, right? Why not have another play of the Solarion Chronicles too?

(ps. edit: https://forums.stardewvalley.net/threads/more-mini-games-with-npcs.6613/)

Last edited:

Potatoes

Farmer
On my first night of a mp save we learned this the hard way and woke up the next morning to two lovely medical bills in our mailboxes.
I felt like our whole first two months was a whole new level of time management we had to figure out, the number of times one of us said, "I'll clear out my inventory in the morning!" as we mad a dash for bed! We're a little more organized now though.

tomaO2

Planter
I though so too and I think there is already a suggestion for it.
Anyway I would like to see corporate minigames as part of Community Center cuz that's what it is for, right? Why not have another play of the Solarion Chronicles too?
I did a search for Abigail and Prairie King, and didn't see a suggestion for it. In any case, I completely support this idea.

Playing JotPK with Abigail is, hands down, my favourite moment in the entire game. I've redone the game, just to play with her again, and stopped playing that file so I could do it again. It's amazing how much it felt like a team effort, like I was playing an actual co-op. It's not like some random computer AI at all. I've had games with a commentary going on, but this is next level. It's a person you've talked to, and seen around, for hours of gameplay. She's inviting you to play, and having a face beside me, calling out, "here they come" and so on, it just gave a feeling that I am physically playing with a person. Nothing else comes close.

I'd be really hard pressed to think of another game that made me feel as connected with a fictional person through actual gameplay, as opposed to doing it through story.

Last edited:

tomaO2

Planter
Fair enough. "Mini games with NPCs" is a perfectly appropriate title as well. My bad. Personally, while the D&D thing was cool and all, I never felt like I was playing with anyone else.