Windows Move saves from Xbox Game Pass to Steam

TruckerToke

Newcomer
Hey
My Xbox game pass is running out, in 5 days and i really love stardew Valley, so I want to buy the game instead of subscribing to Xbox game pass. But I really want to buy it on steam because it’s cheaper and it’s just easier overall. But will I lose my save files? Or can I move them over?

Thanks for your time
- TruckerToke

liquidcat

Staff member
I just checked and it looks like Game Pass and Steam use same savefile location, so you won't have to move your saves and steam version should automatically detect the saves you made with game pass version when you start it the first time.

imnvs

Local Legend
Did it work? I'm also thinking of buying it on steam but I don't want to lose my progress.
You can backup your saves. To find them, open File Explorer and type into the address bar: %AppData%\StardewValley\Saves\ and then copy your saves to another location on your drive where you can find it. If it doesn't work, you still have the backups.

It should work fine, though.

OggeDogge Lito

Newcomer
You can backup your saves. To find them, open File Explorer and type into the address bar: %AppData%\StardewValley\Saves\ and then copy your saves to another location on your drive where you can find it. If it doesn't work, you still have the backups.

Ok. Thank you!

kur_0

Newcomer

How about co-op mode, does it work if you are the host?