Most profitable professions?

Drullo321

Sodbuster
That maybe the case but by the time "early" or "mid" I have a barn of sheeps with decent amount of friendship points to produce quality wool with the shepherd profession, we are already at least in Summer, Year 1 where (beach farm aside) I have 400+ tiles of a combination of melons/blueberrys running with a couple of kegs (~10-20 maybe) where lvl5 tiller far outperforms a shepherd with maybe max. 2-3 sheeps on top of artisan with the first produced melone wines.
Ah, and don't forget you loose money the moment you reach lvl 5 to the point you have your have a decent amount of sheeps because all those crops sold won't benefit from the 10% either.

Getting ready with a barn takes longer then with a coop which already isn't the fastest. If they are running, they produce a decent extra income, but it is by no means comparable to crops and secondly choosing shepherd over artisan you sacrifice even more, especially early and mid.

To top all that, have a look at the thread starts farm. Two barns with mixed animals plus two coops and some fish ponds. Choosing artisan let every end product benefit.

Edit: There is the statue of uncertainty where you can choose new profession specalisations for 10k gold. While I believe there is no alternative for farming, depending on your playstyle you may switch from Angler/x or Forester/Luberjack to something else in the lategame.

Squigglyruth

Planter
Edit: There is the statue of uncertainty where you can choose new profession specalisations for 10k gold. While I believe there is no alternative for farming, depending on your playstyle you may switch from Angler/x or Forester/Luberjack to something else in the lategame.
I always used to go for Artisan on farming right off the mark. Now I am experimenting with using Agriculturalist first, because I can have it up before Summer Year 1, and that seems quite worthwhile...