Morris for Mayor??? (Stardew Expanded Spoiler)

In Stardew Expanded, this actually happens if the Farmer gets to 10 hearts with Morris and completes the Joja Route.

What I can't quite put my finger on is who the heck voted for this guy???

From vanilla Pelican town, Pam and Jodi are obvious culprits. The Farmer also very likely voted for Morris after doing all that work to get him to 10 hearts as the player is not even given a prompt on whom to vote for during the cutscene. (There is no "I'm sorry but I don't feel the same way about you" cop out option here.) Sam is too young to vote. Sebastian openly stated that he did NOT vote. I'm not sure if Haley is old enough to vote. Sandy does not reside in Pelican Town so would not be eligible to vote.

From Expanded, Andy (who always wears his Joja hat), Olivia and Victor seem to lean toward Joja. Claire and Martin do not reside in Pelican Town.

Judging from the reactions that I got from the villagers to the election by talking to each and every one after that cutscene, it seems as if Lewis should have won. Perhaps Lewis is victim to "the silent majority."

ISSsloth

Farmer
It seems likely that since no one has run against Lewis for years, lots of the town wouldn't vote out of habit.
Just out of curiosity, where is it stated that Sam isn't old enough to vote? Is that from sve dialog?

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Maybe they have a term system and lewis can't run again, or nobody else ran, could just be Morris as the only candidate (or he secretly manipulated the votes, wouldn't put it past our sneaky little corporate rat)

In Stardew Expanded, this actually happens if the Farmer gets to 10 hearts with Morris and completes the Joja Route.

What I can't quite put my finger on is who the heck voted for this guy???

From vanilla Pelican town, Pam and Jodi are obvious culprits. The Farmer also very likely voted for Morris after doing all that work to get him to 10 hearts as the player is not even given a prompt on whom to vote for during the cutscene. (There is no "I'm sorry but I don't feel the same way about you" cop out option here.) Sam is too young to vote. Sebastian openly stated that he did NOT vote. I'm not sure if Haley is old enough to vote. Sandy does not reside in Pelican Town so would not be eligible to vote.

From Expanded, Andy (who always wears his Joja hat), Olivia and Victor seem to lean toward Joja. Claire and Martin do not reside in Pelican Town.

Judging from the reactions that I got from the villagers to the election by talking to each and every one after that cutscene, it seems as if Lewis should have won. Perhaps Lewis is victim to "the silent majority."
Remember when you go the joja route they have just spent a lot of time repairing the community. The panning would make Willy happy so that's another vote Clint would be happy with the minecarts. While they might not make everyone happy it's more then Lewis has been doing

It seems likely that since no one has run against Lewis for years, lots of the town wouldn't vote out of habit.
Just out of curiosity, where is it stated that Sam isn't old enough to vote? Is that from sve dialog?
Actually, it was my mistake! 😅

I got Sam's post-election reaction mixed up with his younger brother Vincent's. Vincent tells the farmer that his mom is really happy today and doesn't know why, then asks if anything happened. By revisiting Sam's reaction, it definitely seems like he was able to vote and is totally happy that Morris won, so count another vote for Morris here.

Remember when you go the joja route they have just spent a lot of time repairing the community. The panning would make Willy happy so that's another vote Clint would be happy with the minecarts. While they might not make everyone happy it's more then Lewis has been doing
And that may very well explain "the silent majority". Though by Willy's reaction (he complains that he'll have to get used to fishing up more Joja Cola and broken Joja CD's), I tend to think that he voted for Lewis. Gunther, after all, did inform the farmer that the vote was "close".

stardew_luv

Planter
Literally a toss up Lewis, Morris, Pierre (who wasn’t on the ballot) for worst candidate. Even below these is the creepy as all get out cringeworthy spy from another planet ie Mr Qi.

stardew_luv

Planter
Lewis definitely ran against Morris to defend his title. If you pick up Stardew Expanded and go the Joja route, then you'll get to witness all this firsthand! 😉
Ooh cool! I think I might do an all out cheat mod to get to this cutscene by day like day 2 or 3 and grab some popcorn snd just relax to some good old Stardew modded entertainment lol. Then go back to my real save, unless the other proves more exciting then I might just stick with it lol! It will be my for entertainment purposes only save.