More Difficult Skull Cavern (**1.5 Spoiler**)

grace.pdf

Newcomer
This post is about the skull cavern in the 1.5 update:

hey all, I'm posting this because I'm wondering whether you can toggle between the regular skull cavern and the more difficult version (like the one in the Mister Qi quest) permanently. I know you can use the challenge totem thing in the local mines but the skull cavern changed back after I completed the Mister Qi quest. If anyone has any insight on this I would love to hear it! :)

Drullo321

Sodbuster
May people who are that far can answer if radioactive ore can only be found during those quest active? I found exactly 9 ore while the quest was active and then zero after two days continously farming the whole difficult mine at different levels... It can't be that rare, otherwise there would be no point using it.

Chvtky

Greenhorn
I have fully perfected the game and have done Qi's quest on Skull Cavern, but I am out of ideas as well on how to toggle it.

Chvtky

Greenhorn
May people who are that far can answer if radioactive ore can only be found during those quest active? I found exactly 9 ore while the quest was active and then zero after two days continously farming the whole difficult mine at different levels... It can't be that rare, otherwise there would be no point using it.
It is active as long as you toggled the more difficult level of the mines. This I can confirm. However, radioactive rocks are pretty rare to find and me having dry streaks and bad luck not finding any for a day or two is not exactly an uncommon occurrence.