Question Mods on SV Mobile

Rasmodius

Cowpoke
Hey y'all (this is my first post :), I only play SV on mobile (because my pc is a RPi and I'm quietly sure that SV doesnt support arm64 linux distros), and I want to install mods, what I have to do? I have root and xposed if needed.

Welcome!

This is a bit of a side note: There are some very roundabout ways of getting some android apps running on r-pi 4 (not sure about Stardew, like using specific OS's for installing and running, Emteria OS, LineageOS, instead of Debian/pi OS, then legit buying and running the Android version via the Google Play store, or F-Droid to connect to play store) but these can be a process and no idea what problems I might encounter and which apps will run. I'd definitely curious though! 🤓 I only mention it because I was mucking with this recently on a pi-3, it was not very practical and performance was still likely going to be an issue, so I hung it up part way through (if I get bored enough again i might try again just for nerd kicks more than a real desire to play it on pi). I'm hoping to upgrade to pi-4 or maybe that pi 5 will come sooner than I think, and somehow I can get it over there and running smoothly-ish (paid of course) with Android version, since it's my arcade for lots of other stuff. I still want to try it on pi-4 since the specs are better than my 3... but no idea if I can get it running on any pi, so doesn't justify the upgrade yet--probably trying it is the only way I'll know for sure. On the bright side, I don't own a single Android device and now I have a copy of paid Android Stardew in addition to PC, and iOS lol... I guess I'm squirreling it away for the day where I ever end up with another Android tablet. 😁

If I ever manage to get it going on r-pi, I'll try to remember to post about it. I'm no pro at this or anything though, so maybe I'll fail miserably lol.

Last edited:

Rasmodius

Cowpoke
Welcome!

This is a bit of a side note: There are some very roundabout ways of getting some android apps running on r-pi 4 (not sure about Stardew, like using specific OS's for installing and running, Emteria OS, LineageOS, instead of Debian/pi OS, then legit buying and running the Android version via the Google Play store, or F-Droid to connect to play store) but these can be a process and no idea what problems I might encounter and which apps will run. I'd definitely curious though! 🤓 I only mention it because I was mucking with this recently on a pi-3, it was not very practical and performance was still likely going to be an issue, so I hung it up part way through (if I get bored enough again i might try again just for nerd kicks more than a real desire to play it on pi). I'm hoping to upgrade to pi-4 or maybe that pi 5 will come sooner than I think, and somehow I can get it over there and running smoothly-ish (paid of course) with Android version, since it's my arcade for lots of other stuff. I still want to try it on pi-4 since the specs are better than my 3... but no idea if I can get it running on any pi, so doesn't justify the upgrade yet--probably trying it is the only way I'll know for sure. On the bright side, I don't own a single Android device and now I have a copy of paid Android Stardew in addition to PC, and iOS lol... I guess I'm squirreling it away for the day where I ever end up with another Android tablet. 😁

If I ever manage to get it going on r-pi, I'll try to remember to post about it. I'm no pro at this or anything though, so maybe I'll fail miserably lol.
I mean in linux mode 😅 because it isn't a RPI as well, is a banana pi. That means that I can't have both linux and Android :(.

Odin

Staff member
I did it, but in the latest version (1.4.5.151) crashes (at least for me). The installer works as expected; but when I open the SMAPI Stardew Valley app shows the splash and then crashes.
Any idea to solve it?
Note: I appreciate much you answered my post.
I'm not sure to be honest, if you don't find additional answers here you can also try the #using-mods channel on the Stardew Discord. Someone there might know more.