Solved Mods not loading

Kreeate

Rancher
Hello! I am really grateful for your assistance 😊. I uninstalled the Dynamic Game Assets mod, but now I think the problem is now worse? I am not sure what to make of it...
The log

There are no errors in the new log, but it looks like it has not loaded any mods at all.

Can you please take a screenshot of your mods folder so we can see the contents?
If you only disabled/uninstalled the Dynamic Game Assets mod, then all other mods should still load. Given that you're starting the game through the SMAPI startup file of course.

There are no errors in the new log, but it looks like it has not loaded any mods at all.

Can you please take a screenshot of your mods folder so we can see the contents?
If you only disabled/uninstalled the Dynamic Game Assets mod, then all other mods should still load. Given that you're starting the game through the SMAPI startup file of course.

Hello! The mods are located in the 'untitled folder'. Hopefully, these screenshots are sufficient! Please tell me if you need anything more. Also, this is a side note, but on my laptop, it says Stardew Valley is "not responding". To close it I have to force quit it and steam does not recognise that I close Stardew Valley so it always says it is running when it is not which means I have to force-quit steam as well. (Also I am unable to close Stardew Valley from steam). I tested if it works without mods and it does.

Also, what do you mean by starting through the SMAPI startup file? Is that for both windows and mac? (I have a mac)

I also reset the content files and a whole bunch of stuff. It loads to a certain point but stops. The game never opens though. The log
Screen Shot 2021-09-09 at 8.41.25 pm.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Kreeate

Rancher
Also, what do you mean by starting through the SMAPI startup file? Is that for both windows and mac? (I have a mac)
I'm on windows. Normally, I would start the game with "Stardew Valley.exe". This is if you don't have any mods.
If SMAPI is installed, you need to start the game with "StardewModdingAPI.exe"

For Mac, I assume you've done the necessary as below?
"Linux/macOS only: rename the "StardewValley" file (no extension) to "StardewValley-original", and
"StardewModdingAPI" (no extension) to "StardewValley". Now just launch the game as usual to
play with mods."

Anyway, the issue seems to be beyond my ability to resolve 😞

I'll tag @mouse as a more experienced user in the hope that your issue could be resolved. Any other experts... feel free to jump in please.

You could also try the Discord for more active assistance.

Last edited:

mouse

Farmer
If you temporarily rename your untitled folder to have a . in front of it ( so .untitled ) are you able to load into the game? (This just tells SMAPI to ignore that folder, so it will load up Stardew Valley with only the basic mods that weren't in that folder.

If so, that seems like it's an issue either with a specific mod, or possibly just the number of them. What's the longest you've waited to see if your game will load, before closing it out? My specs aren't awesome, so if I have a lot of mods installed, my computer will helpfully tell me it's not responding but it will load eventually.

If you temporarily rename your untitled folder to have a . in front of it ( so .untitled ) are you able to load into the game? (This just tells SMAPI to ignore that folder, so it will load up Stardew Valley with only the basic mods that weren't in that folder.

If so, that seems like it's an issue either with a specific mod, or possibly just the number of them. What's the longest you've waited to see if your game will load, before closing it out? My specs aren't awesome, so if I have a lot of mods installed, my computer will helpfully tell me it's not responding but it will load eventually.
Hello! When trying to put a '.' in front of it I just get "this name is reserved for the system". I did contact Pathoschild and apparently, there have just been many SMAPI issues with Mac uses. They gave me some custom SMAPI versions and now it is working fine! (Although it loads quite slowly it is consistent nonetheless)