Issue Mods no showing in game, I sware I followed the wiki

BarBearian0_0

Newcomer
Hey, I'm new to mods but have spent my whole afternoon trying to get them to work through Steam. I have downloaded SMAPI, done the whole Steam setup/connect, and unzipped folders into the mods folder ( I even made it so the mods are only one folder down), but nothing is showing in-game. I am trying this with a loaded save. Do I need to start a new game???? Also this is the latest version of the game.

Please help I just want an elevator in the Skull Caverns:(

Dyanosis

Tiller
Hey, I'm new to mods but have spent my whole afternoon trying to get them to work through Steam. I have downloaded SMAPI, done the whole Steam setup/connect, and unzipped folders into the mods folder ( I even made it so the mods are only one folder down), but nothing is showing in-game. I am trying this with a loaded save. Do I need to start a new game???? Also this is the latest version of the game.

Please help I just want an elevator in the Skull Caverns:(
You don't need to start a new game to begin modding. What doesn't make sense is the "I even made it so the mods are only one folder down". The Mods folder needs to be in a specific location for the mods to work. SMAPI tells you where the Mods folder needs to be when it loads.

Is SMAPI at least loading?