Issue mods causing lag

likeits94

Newcomer
hi! i got a new laptop today and was trying to launch stardew 1.6 (64bit) with mods. im usually a console player so i have no experience in modding, but i had a friend help me and was successfully able to get about 12 mods before starting my new town, including content patcher. i started my game, and by the in game evening the audio and the game itself were lagging like crazy. completely unplayable lag that went into the next day. i was on multiplayer so i thought it could be a connection error and began a solo farm, same problem. the game begins smooth as butter and then degrades into complete lag that does not go away. once i exited the game, i was not able to relaunch it at all. the game wouldn't open until i switched to 32 bit, and obviously then without mods. since then, i have basically tried everything to get it to work with mods. i have uninstalled and reinstalled every mod and my game on steam, mix and matched mods to see if it was a specific mod or specific number of mods causing lag, changed the launch options and made sure that all the mods i was installing were up to date with 1.6. they all seem to work just fine on their own, and the vanilla version of the game seems to run okay. i currently only have one mod (npc map location) on and the issue is still there. i am now able to open 1.6 64bit, but still it always deteriorates and becomes unplayable due to lag before 10am in game. is there just no shot of me using mods or is this an issue for others? im using a windows 11 that runs 64bit. the laptop is on the cheaper end but runs 16GB of ram. i would usually chalk it up to my laptop being cheap and unable to handle mods, but since the game runs just fine vanilla and i have only had 12 mods max, i'm wondering if this is another issue?

smapi log here. sorry if this thread is worded poorly or has an extremely obvious resolution. i am new to all of this and just want to play stardew with mods after playing on my switch so long. if anybody can help i would be super grateful. thanks!

also, the error logs on the smapi log seem to be about spritemaster, which i only downloaded after a while of struggling with lag in an attempt to fix it. it obviously didn't work, but i don't think that's the problem since the lag began before that.