Issue Modded save file won't load after update - "error occurred in the overridden update loop"

stephanieclare

Greenhorn
hi! i just updated my game to version 1.6.5, running on windows 11. i also updated smapi to version 4.0.7 and updated any other mods that could be updated, as well as added some new ones. vanilla files work fine, but when i tried to load my modded save through smapi, i get a list of errors in smapi and the game just reloads the main menu instead of loading the save.

here is my smapi error log. i believe the relevant errors are at the bottom and i have no idea what they're about, because the errors are attributed to smapi itself rather than any specific mod, and it doesn't list any specific items or even data paths that i've been able to make sense of. any help would be really greatly appreciated. thank you!

thatsmetttt

Farmhand
apparently spacecore is the reason!! a lot of other players had issues bc of it. other mods tend to overrule with it and the save crashes. the thing is, idk if removing it would save your modded save, since i saw some people saying that the issue wasnt solved after removing spacecore. i would sugest removing other mods to see which one caused the bug!

Attachments

stephanieclare

Greenhorn
apparently spacecore is the reason!! a lot of other players had issues bc of it. other mods tend to overrule with it and the save crashes. the thing is, idk if removing it would save your modded save, since i saw some people saying that the issue wasnt solved after removing spacecore. i would sugest removing other mods to see which one caused the bug!
gotcha, thank you for the response! yeah i'm not sure i could easily remove spacecore since so many of my other mods rely on it. i tried starting a new modded save and it worked just fine. do you have any idea if this is something an update to spacecore would eventually fix, or is the save toast?

thatsmetttt

Farmhand
youre welcome!! i dont know, i tried checking the discussion on the mod page and there are many people reporting their crashes and every single one is different... some updated the mod and it started the save fine, others did the same but nothing changed, some deleted the mod and it fixed the issue, others did the same and the issue was still there.... is pretty random.