Mod to change button to mount/dismount horse?

djslimetime

Greenhorn
Hi, I'm desperately seeking a mod that can change the key used to mount and dismount the horse. With the new update you can interact with even more things from your horse, but because the interact button and horse button are the same, I'm constantly struggling with this. Or if I'm trying to interact with something on foot and my horse is too close, my person just mounts the horse instead.

Going through gates on my horse is basically impossible for me :(

I've tried asking elsewhere but didn't receive any responses. Is there a mod to assign a different key to the horse (spacebar preferably, but not a requirement)??? Or maybe there is a way to edit this myself in the game files?

Thanks in advance. This is driving me insane

imnvs

Local Legend
Um, I don't think you need a mod to do this. It's already in the options to change what keys do what.

Odin

Staff member
Um, I don't think you need a mod to do this. It's already in the options to change what keys do what.
While it's true you can rebind controls in the game, that unfortunately doesn't help in this case. Because they're looking to take a specific action and split it out from a key that handles a bunch of actions, rebinding would just present the same problem with a different key.

imnvs

Local Legend
While it's true you can rebind controls in the game, that unfortunately doesn't help in this case. Because they're looking to take a specific action and split it out from a key that handles a bunch of actions, rebinding would just present the same problem with a different key.
Ah, well... that's fair.

Slipstream8

Cowpoke
Hi, I'm desperately seeking a mod that can change the key used to mount and dismount the horse. With the new update you can interact with even more things from your horse, but because the interact button and horse button are the same, I'm constantly struggling with this. Or if I'm trying to interact with something on foot and my horse is too close, my person just mounts the horse instead.

Going through gates on my horse is basically impossible for me :(

I've tried asking elsewhere but didn't receive any responses. Is there a mod to assign a different key to the horse (spacebar preferably, but not a requirement)??? Or maybe there is a way to edit this myself in the game files?

Thanks in advance. This is driving me insane
I realize this is a zombie post, but I feel your pain. What drives me nuts is that I can be facing away from the horse trying to interact with one of my storage chests and my character will still turn around and hop onto the horse instead of doing what I want them to do. It is like the radius for activating the horse is two squares in every direction. Of course when I'm in a hurry to actually get on the horse it doesn't always work. 🤯