Mod idea based off a dream I had

Char4925

Greenhorn
Ok so last night I had a Stardew Valley dream, I remember there being a ¨cutscene¨ where Marnie was sitting on a bench in town then Willy walks past, here's the thing, WIlly died a while ago, there was even a funeral, so seeing him makes Marnie uneasy so she asks you to investigate, the dream ends a while after that cause I ended up waking up at 2am cause I was sweaty >:(. This could be further developed in a mod, maybe when a character dies (maybe ages too?), they are replaced with an exact clone with all their memories except their ¨death¨, but the process got screwed up with WIlly. I like the idea that whatever makes the ¨clones¨ can´t be seen by the townsfolk but can be seen by the player (maybe the Wizard too,) due to their special connection to the valley/magical abilities. If this idea gets turned into a mod I sadly will not be able to play it due to me playing on my switch, but i´d love it if someone explained what happens in the mod in detail. If you do turn this into a mod please credit me for the idea, i´m mainly active as char4925 on scratch btw. If you want to include me in the mod in some way go here, it´ll give you enough info about me to add me in:Me If you have trouble making dialogue for me cause you don´t know how I would react/how my autism works let me know! You can also ask me for some of my ocs to use, or some more ideas for the mod.

Isa730

Rancher
When I first started reading this post I thought it was gonna go in a very different direction. xD I was thinking along the lines of "randomized Stardew Valley murder mysteries"... Imagine Sebastian or Sam hosting a game similar to Blood on the Clocktower! It would be a fun minigame more than anything but...I won't think about this any longer to avoid the temptation of making it. Though I don't know if that's possible...I could already see it incorporated into another mod idea I have.

As for your idea, maybe it could be something like a ghost town horror mod where everyone in the valley is dead but none of them have realized? They could have "ghostly" sprites and maybe the Wizard is the only one alive, and he explains that Stardew Valley's supernatural aura inexplicably draws ghosts to it. Maybe everyone was dead before they got to the valley? Can ghosts have ghost babies? Can the player (presumably alive) have babies with a ghost?! So many questions!

Before I digress too far though, maybe the mod could be a game itself, where you need to get close to the villagers and understand their past better to piece together how they died. Maybe you'd already know but have to help them realize so they can "find peace" and woosh away from the valley into the afterlife? (I'm not religious but it's a fun concept to play with in games. <3)