Mod help: game freeze when trying to accept a request (IndexOutOfRangeException)

Sko0w0

Cowpoke
Platform Windows
Game version SMAPI 3.15.0

Hello, I have installed a character mod and was not able to accept a request mail for finding an object. Appreciate any help I can get. Thank you in advance!!

Issue log:

[22:23:01 ERROR game] An error occurred in the base update loop: IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at StardewValley.Quests.Quest.getQuestFromId(Int32 id) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Quests\Quest.cs:line 171
at StardewValley.Farmer.addQuest(Int32 questID) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Farmer.cs:line 7251
at StardewValley.Menus.LetterViewerMenu.AcceptQuest() in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\LetterViewerMenu.cs:line 779
at StardewValley.Menus.LetterViewerMenu.receiveLeftClick(Int32 x, Int32 y, Boolean playSound) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\LetterViewerMenu.cs:line 706
at StardewValley.Game1.updateActiveMenu(GameTime gameTime) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 5473
at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 4807
at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3974
at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SCore.OnPlayerInstanceUpdating(SGame instance, GameTime gameTime, Action runUpdate) in SMAPI\Framework\SCore.cs:line 1057
[22:23:01 TRACE game] WARNING: Mismatched UI Mode Push/Pop counts. Correcting.

Last edited:
A. issues like this has something to do with the mods you've added.
  • update SMAPI to latest version
  • update mods to latest version
  • verify file integrity:
    • go to PROPERTIES > INSTALLED FILES > VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES > you may exit tab after it has been verified.
    • go to PROPERTIES
    • go to INSTALLED FILES
    • click on the VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES

B. if you are trying on a co-op mode, make sure the other players has similar mods as you to match game compatibility, otherwise mods like "atelier crops" can interrupt and cause confusion in one game file/farm world due to two or three different players having different mods in-game

DISCLAIMER: this is an experience based cause i had an issue like this recently all the cause of it was mods.