Mixed fish pond

imnvs

Local Legend
So how would the pond's production be determined?

Honestly, if you want a variety of fish on display in some fashion, there are fish tanks. Fish pond's are for breeding and production, not display.

Last edited:

MissDandy

Farmer
Yes, some people have fish ponds with a certain type of fish strictly because they want the product it alone will produce. I think It would complicate breeding, and you can't see the fish anyway. Besides, mixed fish would greatly lower the probability of getting a product from a specific fish in the pond (if that would be the method used to determine product), and sometimes the odds of getting good items from certain fish are pretty low already. So, it makes more sense to use the ponds practically than superficially.

Kurachi84

Planter
I kind of want to be able to put more than one type of fish into a fish pond cause I thought it would be nice to mix and match different fish in a fish pond
I like it, maybe the produce will be random, or from the fish type with bigger amount (so like 1 Largemouth Bass+ 2 Carps = Carp produce), if there's one.
Maybe having 2 Fish Ponds which we can combine when empty, at Robin?

It could also be area based, so that each Pond can only have river, sea etc fish. As they need their own kind of water, of course.

I like it, maybe the produce will be random, or from the fish type with bigger amount (so like 1 Largemouth Bass+ 2 Carps = Carp produce), if there's one.
Maybe having 2 Fish Ponds which we can combine when empty, at Robin?

It could also be area based, so that each Pond can only have river, sea etc fish. As they need their own kind of water, of course.
That sounds workable. You buy two fish ponds and then pay a fee to make them into one pond suitable to hold two fish species but only if they enjoy the same water.

Odin

Staff member
Maybe there could be specific combinations that would be beneficial? Having two types of fish in a pond could require you to donate more items (to please both types), but with the right combination you could get more (or better) items back. I think there's a way where it could work.