Coding Help Migrating a mod to work with 1.5.5+

universefrog

Newcomer
Hello, I'm working on making an older mod (More Random Edition (Randomizer)) compatible with 1.5.5+, following this guide. I've gone through all the steps, cleared all of the errors, rebuilt, and everything has gone well so far. However, this mod is dependent on the NuGet System.Drawing.Common for many of its functions. I made sure to have it reference the version 5.02 which is for .NET 5.0. When I try to use the mod in game though, SMAPI gives the following error:

This mod failed in the GameLoop.SaveLoaded event. Technical details: FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Drawing.Common, Version=5.0.0.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51'. The system cannot find the file specified. File name: 'System.Drawing.Common, Version=5.0.0.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51' at Randomizer.ImageBuilder.BuildImage() at Randomizer.AssetLoader.RandomizeImages() in C:\Users\hikar\Desktop\stardew-valley-randomizer-0.4.3\stardew-valley-randomizer-0.4.3\More Random Edition\AssetLoader.cs:line 234 at Randomizer.ModEntry.CalculateAllReplacements() in C:\Users\hikar\Desktop\stardew-valley-randomizer-0.4.3\stardew-valley-randomizer-0.4.3\More Random Edition\ModEntry.cs:line 149 at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.Events.ManagedEvent`1.Raise(TEventArgs args) in SMAPI\Framework\Events\ManagedEvent.cs:line 101

I'll admit I'm not well versed in coding beyond being good at following simple instructions, so this is probably something simple, but I'm not sure how to go about making SMAPI or Stardew load the NuGet for the mod (or how to solve the problem in general if that isn't the solution). Please help, I don't want to play Stardew without this mod anymore.

Last edited:

Prsim 99

Sodbuster
Hello, I'm working on making an older mod (More Random Edition (Randomizer)) compatible with 1.5.5+, following this guide. I've gone through all the steps, cleared all of the errors, rebuilt, and everything has gone well so far. However, this mod is dependent on the NuGet System.Drawing.Common for many of its functions. I made sure to have it reference the version 5.02 which is for .NET 5.0. When I try to use the mod in game though, SMAPI gives the following error:

This mod failed in the GameLoop.SaveLoaded event. Technical details: FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Drawing.Common, Version=5.0.0.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51'. The system cannot find the file specified. File name: 'System.Drawing.Common, Version=5.0.0.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51' at Randomizer.ImageBuilder.BuildImage() at Randomizer.AssetLoader.RandomizeImages() in C:\Users\hikar\Desktop\stardew-valley-randomizer-0.4.3\stardew-valley-randomizer-0.4.3\More Random Edition\AssetLoader.cs:line 234 at Randomizer.ModEntry.CalculateAllReplacements() in C:\Users\hikar\Desktop\stardew-valley-randomizer-0.4.3\stardew-valley-randomizer-0.4.3\More Random Edition\ModEntry.cs:line 149 at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.Events.ManagedEvent`1.Raise(TEventArgs args) in SMAPI\Framework\Events\ManagedEvent.cs:line 101

I'll admit I'm not well versed in coding beyond being good at following simple instructions, so this is probably something simple, but I'm not sure how to go about making SMAPI or Stardew load the NuGet for the mod (or how to solve the problem in general if that isn't the solution). Please help, I don't want to play Stardew without this mod anymore.
Someone appears to have done the heavy lifting already Github. Might save you some time. :)

Prsim 99

Sodbuster
:gasp: Wow! I didn't know because this page isn't listed in the SMAPI list. Thank you! I will check it out and see if it works.
When you look at old code an github, always give the pull requests a peek, a lot of times there are unpublished unofficial versions.