Mass crop collection

It would be nice if we either got a tractor like the mod you can get or if the scythe could cut the crops like coffee, blue berrys, cranberries, grapes, hops etc. if we were to get a tractor it could either be bought from marnie or robbin. I would assume marnie is where you would probably get it. Maybe it could be a new bundle or something.

Kurachi84

Planter
I mean, if it would be all crops all over the farm, maybe paying an NPC some money to do so the next morning, leaving behind a bag or box with it stored?
Maybe the Wizard could do it. Just gotta pay, i guess.
Or some new machine one can craft, buy or get in any other way, which requires payments, so it's on the farm, but still need to pay.
Just some ideas, as i don't need it, because sometimes i want gold quality crops, and will use a buff first after waking up.

imnvs

Local Legend
It can get all crops all over the farm... you just have to get more than one. I've seen folks with 5+.

Kurachi84

Planter
It can get all crops all over the farm... you just have to get more than one. I've seen folks with 5+.
Would take a lot of space and even though i play with timespeed mod and such, others couldn't be as easy going.
And it'd require some tactical thinking, which takes time, too.
Plus it's late game, and that's a waste.
I'd say an upgrade to the current method could help, i just don't like getting it late in the game.
If the current method would be available earlier in the game, then giving it an upgrade could be the best solution, and no need to add another way, imo.

imnvs

Local Legend
If the current method would be available earlier in the game, then giving it an upgrade could be the best solution, and no need to add another way, imo.
Okay, so what I'm hearing is that you're saying going hardcore is too hard and you want it to be easier? Well, imho, that's what mods are for. You're using mods. Why not use one more?

Kurachi84

Planter
Okay, so what I'm hearing is that you're saying going hardcore is too hard and you want it to be easier? Well, imho, that's what mods are for. You're using mods. Why not use one more?
Oh boy, i didn't mean to make the game easier, i was just thinking about ideas to get this topic's suggestion to work.
I don't even do it that way, as i often use farming boosts when i want gold quality crops.
Paying for mass crop harvesting wouldn't be easy to do early game, if the price is high enough.
I just think that late game stuff is much less useful than when it's available earlier in the game.
Kind of a waste to see good stuff only in end game, and that whil, imo, mass harvesting isn´t OP, seeing as it doesn´t add anything, it doesn´t give you more money, cuz with my idea the farmer pays for it.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Hmmm, I want to answer the meaning or intent of the OP's question instead of the specific request. But I may be missing it, so I'll ask and answer this:

What is the purpose of sowing and harvesting the mega-crop, that is: what problem will be solved with planting and selling a huge mound of veggies?

If it's for personal satisfaction, then I'd argue that doing it by hand (or late game Junimo) is entirely appropriate. Put in the time. I currently have a 500-plot farm and it's at the limit I can tolerate but if I really wanted to, I could do alternate day planting of crops which take 10-14 days to grow, and do 1500 (!) of them. I may even try that but I'll likely uninstall the game afterwards so maybe I'll accidentally forget to farm myself into insanity.

If it's for filthy, greedy lucre (the only true reason), then the Tractor mod seems reasonable. Though if you still want to play the game in its stock configuration, then you have a golden opportunity. Everyone here has their favorite way of maximizing income by Year 2 and later and you can either try one of those or look at the SDV Wiki and develop your own.

Those types of local minima or maxima optimization games are almost as fun as the game itself. Start with something simple like the Greenhouse full of Ancient Fruit and a 200-500 plot farm of the max G crop available that season. Which then changes as you open up other parts of the game. Add in a shed of Kegs and/or Preserves Jars and get processin'. Plan out how to maximize Ancient Fruit or Starfruit Wine in the Cellar. Maybe you like animals more, so get Pigs and Ducks (or Dinosaurs if you're lucky).

What do you want the biggg Farm for?

Last edited: