Marriage and Friendship

Miretar

Planter
This post is from the perspective of an older player (on the iPad). I am not happy with the marriage options, because too many of the candidates bring out my mothering instinct.

I want to nurture their dreams and not tie them down with marriage. Abigail, Sam and Sebastian all have dreams that take them beyond Pelican Town—I want to see them chase these dreams. Maru belongs at a major university and has a mind that takes her to the stars—I should be helping her get there. Alex deserves his shot at becoming a pro football player. Shane is also planning to leave town.

Emily deserves a trip around the world on an open ticket so that she can see or do what she wants. Failing that I would like to bring her and Clint together.

Penny needs to make a life of her own before she marries.

Leah and Elliot belong together—they naturally gravitate towards each other.

i and think the town needs some new characters who are at least a little older. When I look at most of the singles I have a feeling I am robbing the cradle.

Ja, for some NPCs I thought so too.
Maybe these "dream realisation" can be integrated with an absence of these person for one year (also before marriage). It could be optional and give another story path than without?
I think whatever these NPCs might do, it would be nice to see them again in town...