Making the game feel more Alive

CloverPetal

Greenhorn
Hello! Recently I have been playing Stardew Valley a ton, I've almost finished my first year and befriended half the villagers, however I just wanted to share some suggestions that would of made my first year feel more alive and welcoming!

1) More dialog, over the time i've spent on this game (40 hours at time of review) I have noticed the same dialog over and over again to the point where these villagers are just basically saying a really long catchphrase. I know this is an indie game and making tons of little things could take a long time and money but it would feel so worth it, it could give the characters a more shaped personality as you befriend them and given some humour I could have a laugh while chatting to a character just like in real life! It would feel so alive and warming depending on the situation (etc)

2) Character Development, I love this so much in stardew! All the characters have some sort of development, (Shane, Sebastian, Penny etc) its what makes me so intrigued to learn whats their backstory? what happened? why are they like this? But as soon as I reached max hearts their development stops and they go back towards where they started (Shanes recovery especially) This is my only complaint about stardew, it feels uncompleted and as I just went through this mystery just to start over again.

3)Cutscenes every year or two, now i dont know much about this since this is my first year. But as I watched many YouTube videos, Ive noticed that after a few years things get repetitive and the player seems to get bored? I know about Kent as his return, and honestly it feels great! Knowing that theirs something I have to keep on pushing to unlock and keep that motivation to keep playing, but after grandpas return, they all seem to start from the beginning. Having a Yearly cutscene that plays atleast once, would give me some time to keep on playing and having fun!

4) Marriage and Children, after you get married (yet again seen from YT) your spouse just stays in the same place and after you get married no one asks about how everything is going or if their okay, (Besides from Pierre and Marnie) It would be great if the town kept talking about it for a bit longer. Seeing as its a small town they would probably try and receive every peice of gossip possible! (Im looking at you Haley) and talk about it for weeks to come:
'I cant believe your already married [] it feels as only yesterday you just arrived!'
'I hope [] is doing alright, im going to miss them being around as much!'

And finally Children, I dont have a problem with them but they feel more as a pet then an actual child! It would be fun to give them one more stage (Jas and Vincent age) at least, because going over would probably make Jas and Vincent look strange, giving them some dialog and activies like going to the park with their mother/father or heading with penny to learn, however this will take a lot of sprites and time so im happy with the nugget-shaped toddlers.

Thank you for reading my thread!

Hello! Recently I have been playing Stardew Valley a ton, I've almost finished my first year and befriended half the villagers, however I just wanted to share some suggestions that would of made my first year feel more alive and welcoming!

1) More dialog, over the time i've spent on this game (40 hours at time of review) I have noticed the same dialog over and over again to the point where these villagers are just basically saying a really long catchphrase. I know this is an indie game and making tons of little things could take a long time and money but it would feel so worth it, it could give the characters a more shaped personality as you befriend them and given some humour I could have a laugh while chatting to a character just like in real life! It would feel so alive and warming depending on the situation (etc)
...as well as...

3)Cutscenes every year or two, now i dont know much about this since this is my first year. But as I watched many YouTube videos, Ive noticed that after a few years things get repetitive and the player seems to get bored? I know about Kent as his return, and honestly it feels great! Knowing that theirs something I have to keep on pushing to unlock and keep that motivation to keep playing, but after grandpas return, they all seem to start from the beginning. Having a Yearly cutscene that plays atleast once, would give me some time to keep on playing and having fun!
...is also topic here:

CloverPetal

Greenhorn
Oh, I totally didn't notice that!
Thanks for telling me, haha!

I also saw that these ideas have been reviewed by developers already, didn't realise until after I posted it though.