Making the game easier for beginners

I think that CA should implement a few things to make the game easier for beginners or people who don’t like to use the wiki:
  1. Give us something we can take notes on. For example, when an NPC says that they like or don’t like something, players are prone to forgetting these and making the mistake of say, giving your homemade Complete Breakfast to the Dwarf instead of Alex. We should be able to takes notes on things in-game. Perhaps this could be an extension of the journal?
  2. Fish schedules need to be easier to understand. For example, you could buy a “fish calendar” (one for each season) which would tell you which fish are available that season, where, when, and how often/rarity. Maybe add a sturgeon, for example, leaping out of the water in the mountain lake around 2pm. Or something like that that can indicate the fishes and their schedules.

Cthulhu

Sodbuster
These have both been suggested before, and for good reason. While it's not necessary to take notes on likes or dislikes (at least on the Xbox, anything you hear from an NPC is added to the relevant character's info sheet), it's still a handy thing to have. "Hey, when are blackberries in season again? Oh, right! Guess I better get ready to forage tomorrow!"

And yes. Fish-dex is desperately needed; there should be more in-game info about different fish, and an easy way to reference it. As it is now, it's almost impossible to effectively catch all the fish--or even the fish for the bundles, I think--without resorting to a strategy guide. NO game should ever *require* a guidebook.

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
Give us something we can take notes on. For example, when an NPC says that they like or don’t like something, players are prone to forgetting these and making the mistake of say, giving your homemade Complete Breakfast to the Dwarf instead of Alex. We should be able to takes notes on things in-game. Perhaps this could be an extension of the journal?
Regarding villager likes/dislikes-- they ARE added without needing to give them gifts on the relationships tab (and if you give them something new, that will be added too). Click on a villager in the relationships tab, which brings you to a menu showing them their favorites, and you can tab through the different categories of gifts to see their other preferences. So like, if I give Willy a fish and his response is neutral or he dislikes it, I click on his image in the relationships tab, and I can go over to the 'fish' category to see the fish I gave him and his reaction to it. If someone tells me Willy loves or hates an item, it'll appear the same way

As for fish schedules, I agree and think that would be nice to have in the game, at least in some capacity