Make The Player Have a Brithday

SiameezyRPGer

Sodbuster
Yeah this does belong in the game suggestions area, but I just wanna say that I do wish your farmer got a birthday which characters acknowledged. I mean that's an addition I would love to have at least.

Last edited:

Isa730

Rancher
It could be cool if you enter your IRL birthday and, through whatever formula CA sees fit, it assigns your an in-game birthday! I've thought about this a lot actually and had considered making this Stardew Birthday Converter (your post finally gave me the push I needed).

The only issue is that holidays in-game don't line up with their corresponding dates in the real world (ex: Spirit's Eve isn't on Halloween). That's because I tried to align this to the equinoxes/solstices. The number of IRL days to in-game days isn't always even because of spacing, but they're all either three or four IRL days:1 game day.

It's probably obvious that I've wanted to celebrate birthdays/anniversaries in-game for a while now. :laugh: I get so sad when Shane's birthday passes and I can, at most, take him to the movies! :( For the player's birthday, maybe you can have a party in the Community Center, and everyone over [X number of hearts] shows up/is invited. (Maybe to avoid overcrowding and excessive gift-giving it could be like Animal Crossing where a few villagers come each year? With the exception of your spouse and probably kids, who would always be there.)

Croakichi

Farmhand
It could be cool if you enter your IRL birthday and, through whatever formula CA sees fit, it assigns your an in-game birthday! I've thought about this a lot actually and had considered making this Stardew Birthday Converter (your post finally gave me the push I needed).

The only issue is that holidays in-game don't line up with their corresponding dates in the real world (ex: Spirit's Eve isn't on Halloween). That's because I tried to align this to the equinoxes/solstices. The number of IRL days to in-game days isn't always even because of spacing, but they're all either three or four IRL days:1 game day.

It's probably obvious that I've wanted to celebrate birthdays/anniversaries in-game for a while now. :laugh: I get so sad when Shane's birthday passes and I can, at most, take him to the movies! :( For the player's birthday, maybe you can have a party in the Community Center, and everyone over [X number of hearts] shows up/is invited. (Maybe to avoid overcrowding and excessive gift-giving it could be like Animal Crossing where a few villagers come each year? With the exception of your spouse and probably kids, who would always be there.)
Or, instead of having a party, every villager over [X] hearts would send you a little something per mail on your own birthday - unless you missed their last birthday.
I'd like to add that you should be able to give birthday presents to your children. What a bad parent gives presents to almost the whole village but not to their own kids?

Hannaneh

Greenhorn
Yeah I always give them presents on their birthday. But they don't even know when my birthday is.:heartbroken:it feels kind of lonely:cry::frown: