Make increase foraging skill easier

eyihsil123

Greenhorn
The last skill I get 10 is foraging. There are too little ways to increase. I hope I can get more xp for every way. And I hope wild seeds can grow without watering to make them easy to plant.

Bawby

Planter
I don't know, it seems pretty balanced to me considering one can turn nearly every location into a forest, berries and shrooms o'plenty, and Secret Woods most mysterious secret-- the unexplained daily reappearance of large stumps.

And, I'll give you that. It would definitely be easier never having to water. And I really don't like using up farm space for wild seeds (except leeks for George). The experience definitely isn't spectacular in my opinion. Several days for 2 exp per grown wild seed? You'd have to dedicate a good bit of land (and sprinklers if you don't want to manually water) to make it worth it. Gives you a choice to make.
Oh, well. I think Foraging is good as is.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Plant Trees and chop 'em down. The Railroad area is a great location for this, loads of space not used for anything else and it makes the Railroad look nice. OK well until the chopping commences. Also plant Wild Seeds (WI) in Winter, as many as fit in your Sprinkled crop spots, you're not going to be doing much of anything else there!

You get 12 XP per Tree chopped though only 1 more for the Stump.
You get 25 XP for the big Stumps, hit the Secret Woods every day!
You get 2 XP per Foraged item so on a modest 100 tile Farm, that's 200 XP x 4 crops or 800 Foraging XP in Winter.
Forage the Beach for 7 XP each
The Fruit in the Cave gives 7 XP while the Mushrooms give 5.