Make automate happen.

Chichilloh

Newcomer
I play on switch. So no mods for me. I’ve seen videos about the automate mod and think the late game could really profit from this idea.

Who doesn’t know: automate makes items move between chests and machines that are connected by touching or with a path. Basically if a chest contained coal and copper, iron, gold and/or iridium it could automatically feed into a furnace and the finished bars would transfer right back to the same chest. Bait machine, crab pot, recycling machine, chest, is also a great combo (thanks to df on YouTube).

I would suggest having pipelines or conveyors as crafting items (probably made with iridium bars, to make it late game) to connect the machines and chests.

This would give the late game a kind of factorio feel, where you try to automate everything.

cheers.

Odin

Staff member
It's definitely a cool mod, but it really changes how the game is played, so to be honest I'm not sure I see something like that getting added to the main game. Much like the technic mod packs for Minecraft, it may be best left as a mod.

Bark Ruffalo

Planter
I play on switch. So no mods for me. I’ve seen videos about the automate mod and think the late game could really profit from this idea.

Who doesn’t know: automate makes items move between chests and machines that are connected by touching or with a path. Basically if a chest contained coal and copper, iron, gold and/or iridium it could automatically feed into a furnace and the finished bars would transfer right back to the same chest. Bait machine, crab pot, recycling machine, chest, is also a great combo (thanks to df on YouTube).

I would suggest having pipelines or conveyors as crafting items (probably made with iridium bars, to make it late game) to connect the machines and chests.

This would give the late game a kind of factorio feel, where you try to automate everything.

cheers.
Eight years in, the automate mod is a lifesaver.