Mail and Post Office

Arty

Greenhorn
I'd really like to see the Farmer able to send mail at a post office. This way, you could plan ahead to deliver birthday gifts so you don't forget, or just random gift giving. This could be a mid-late game entry with a new NPC or existing that doesn't have a job. The post office could be closed for new delivery requests on Sunday, cost gold to send based on value for scaling and receive a slight reduction in how much friendship you make, but offer an easier more time efficient method of gifting. Could also add a new quest series to help deliver mail to Ginger Island, Desert or just villagers in general.

tomaO2

Planter
This would require a new building though, I think. Where would you put it? The town is pretty full.

I was thinking about this last night while playing. 2 things:
  1. Why not have the mailbox/post office in the Community Center after it is completed? Dropbox could be outside and the vault room could easily be converted to the postoffice. That would maybe help it feel like the community is interacting with the place and give the player a reason to go there (to post mail or check if letters need to be delivered to far away places like Dessert or Island).
  2. Sam now works at the museum after Joja disappears so he is out as the postmaster. Shane does not appear to have another job after Joja and is still a potential candidate for the position.

Why not have the mailbox/post office in the Community Center after it is completed? Dropbox could be outside and the vault room could easily be converted to the postoffice. That would maybe help it feel like the community is interacting with the place and give the player a reason to go there (to post mail or check if letters need to be delivered to far away places like Dessert or Island).
What if the player chooses Joja?