Forest Farm Lost In The Woods

My adventure with the Forest Map (which is vying with the Lake Map for my favorite).

It took a bit of setting up, but I've thought for while that I needed a farm with...
...a hedge maze!
WoodsDay.png

I can shut the gate to keep an unsupervised HarveyMaruvisiting child in the simpler top part so they can't get as lost. There's a hidden exit to the center pond area behind the oak and mahogany trees.

I went a bit wild with the farmhouse - having the nature stop at the door felt like it'd be missing the point of this map. I tried kale based on a suggestion from another thread here and I like how it turned out:
HouseNight.png

And I finally did something with the Ginger Island farmhouse -
The Jungle Junimo Juice Bar!
Bar.png

(yeah, still workshopping the name)

boyliker

Sodbuster
oh my gosh your house is SO PRETTY and ur map is AMAZING!!! i am in love with ur decoration style, i hope to see more of it soon *__*

Ellajoy

Rancher
My adventure with the Forest Map (which is vying with the Lake Map for my favorite).

It took a bit of setting up, but I've thought for while that I needed a farm with...
...a hedge maze!
View attachment 6461
I can shut the gate to keep an unsupervised HarveyMaruvisiting child in the simpler top part so they can't get as lost. There's a hidden exit to the center pond area behind the oak and mahogany trees.

I went a bit wild with the farmhouse - having the nature stop at the door felt like it'd be missing the point of this map. I tried kale based on a suggestion from another thread here and I like how it turned out:

And I finally did something with the Ginger Island farmhouse -
The Jungle Junimo Juice Bar!
View attachment 6459
(yeah, still workshopping the name)
I LOVE what you did with this!

Nope, standard Forest Farm map - I needed a few hours of quality time with the planner for the initial design

I used an online maze generator for the pattern - you feed it height and width and it gives you a rectangular maze. I divided the area into different rectangles and plotted out what dimensions to use (each tile of path you expect to walk on has to have every tile around it clear for a potential maze wall). So for example the top part of the large maze is an 8x3 rectangle:
Blocks.png
Once I had my rectangles laid out in the planner I did some manual edits to join them up, plus some other small changes (the maze generator assumed you wanted to enter every maze from the top, which really didn't work). I was originally going to use tea bushes for the walls but went with the seasonal plants on the (correct) theory that I'd want to make adjustments later after I started populating it.