Looking for a seed that gives plenty of Spring Forage

Azaloar

Greenhorn
I don't know if this is possible or not, but I wanted to see if anyone could provide this kind of seed, since I'm planning on buying lots of strawberry seeds

Lew Zealand

Helper
It's implied in the Wiki:

that Forage spawn and their locations are randomly chosen, however with all the posts here about similar game "RNG" from @BlaDe and others, I don't know if that's a random event based on a pre-randomized value derived from the Seed, or if it's randomized on the fly, either daily or weekly.

Based on many other things in the game, I'd bet it's actually Seed-based so hopefully someone has a great Foraging seed for you!

That said, I believe Fishing and getting the Tea Sapling recipe from Caroline at 2 :heart: will likely give you a higher return on investment than just Forage. Unless of course you're using that Forage for the Tea Sapling recipe at which point, kudos to you!

It's implied in the Wiki:

that Forage spawn and their locations are randomly chosen, however with all the posts here about similar game "RNG" from @BlaDe and others, I don't know if that's a random event based on a pre-randomized value derived from the Seed, or if it's randomized on the fly, either daily or weekly.

Based on many other things in the game, I'd bet it's actually Seed-based so hopefully someone has a great Foraging seed for you!

That said, I believe Fishing and getting the Tea Sapling recipe from Caroline at 2 :heart: will likely give you a higher return on investment than just Forage. Unless of course you're using that Forage for the Tea Sapling recipe at which point, kudos to you!
Bolding mine.

One way to test (sans BlaDe giving an answer) is to start two saves under the same seed, sleep a couple of weeks, and see if they have the same or differing forage results. The OP may already know with certainty they do but I'll test myself later and will advise if so. I'd kinda be surprised however as the Predictor has a mode for Forage Quality but not for Forage Spawns. Still, doesn't hurt to check and see!

BlaDe

Farmer
Forage is seeded for the most part. There are a couple of "random" things in there, but you will mostly get the same results.

Here is a sheet I put together for seeded mines runs. The number of leeks shown are the number of leeks in the mountains and backwoods that are present on the 5th. (it also gives maximum luck if you sleep to the 5th without taking a step, and will have a spicy eel in the saloon trash)

Azaloar

Greenhorn
Forage is seeded for the most part. There are a couple of "random" things in there, but you will mostly get the same results.

Here is a sheet I put together for seeded mines runs. The number of leeks shown are the number of leeks in the mountains and backwoods that are present on the 5th. (it also gives maximum luck if you sleep to the 5th without taking a step, and will have a spicy eel in the saloon trash)

Thanks a TON BlaDe!!!