Issue Log panel dissapearing?? - Solved

jolynee

Greenhorn
Hello everyone! I just recently got into stardew valley and i downloaded a ton of mods. I noticed my log panels kind-of dissapeared for some reason but it was only one of them? I have a single huge panel where my spouse room is that seems fine but in my kitchen near the steps one is missing and its driving me crazy. The only mod I have that would mess with my log panels is the cute valley mod. (I think.) I have alot of wallpaper mods as well but I don't think they would do this. Please help! :(

Edit: I don't think its one of my mods as I took all my mods off and started SV up again and I'm still missing that second log panel?? Why is it doing this? (Picture added unmodded.)

Attachments

Last edited:

jolynee

Greenhorn
The unmodded one looks fine to me compared to the modded one though, am I looking at the wrong thing? And could you post your SMAPI log?
Here's my log! https://smapi.io/log/a554a3b7df7f42deb587beb44105629a (I know custom furniture is broken as it's been for a while now. </3)

Also, if you were to look up like an unmodded interior the little logs on the side of the kitchen/ near the steps? There's supposed to be two not one! Unmodded the wallpaper covers it but when I looked up just like a normal vanilla large house in SV those little long panels near the steps have 2 logs if that makes sense! I added a picture I just got from google just clarifying what I'm talking about. Thank you for trying to help! <3

Edit: I got help from someone else and apparently its just apart of the SV update and they removed the second log omg. https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Farmhouse#Renovations The solution is probably just waiting for my mods to update to it. LOL. :cry::cry:

Attachments

Last edited:

mouse

Farmer
Oh, I see, I'd totally forgotten they used to look like that. The farmhouse map was resized pretty drastically in 1.6 to account for the new renovations, but I hadn't noticed it had dropped the outer panels. This is just how it is in the map, so I'm guessing it was intentional -- maybe you could place the panel furniture item to bring back the doubled look?

Have you tried reapplying your kitchen wallpaper for the gap, at least?

jolynee

Greenhorn
Oh, I see, I'd totally forgotten they used to look like that. The farmhouse map was resized pretty drastically in 1.6 to account for the new renovations, but I hadn't noticed it had dropped the outer panels. This is just how it is in the map, so I'm guessing it was intentional -- maybe you could place the panel furniture item to bring back the doubled look?

Have you tried reapplying your kitchen wallpaper for the gap, at least?
Yeah I have, the log panel furniture item won't go over the first original one, the wallpaper won't cover it either when I click the spot. If I had to guess, most of my wallpaper mods only stretch to a certain point on the wall? I'm not sure I'm pretty new to all of this unfortunately. Hopefully I just need to wait for the mod authors to update their mods. I may try to find a recently updated wallpaper mod and see if it works just to make sure!

Edit: I cannot find any recently updated wallpaper mods... LOL. Gotta wait for them. :cry:

Last edited:

mouse

Farmer
Ah yeah, of course the furniture item would need to be placed on the very edge for it to work like that, my bad.

Custom wallpapers (and retextures of vanilla wallpapers) are generally defined as just a single sort of "panel", though. The boundaries for where wallpaper (and flooring) can be place are set in the map, which seems to be working normally in the unmodded version, but I don't at a glance see any mods that would change how that behaves, so I'm kind of curious what's up with that.