Windows Local Co-op player 1 K+M, player 2 controller not working

Chubbs

Newcomer
I need help figuring out how to get my controller to register as player 2 on my pc for local co-op. I only have one controller, so buying and hooking up another one would be a last resort.
By default, it registers as player 1 so I control the same character that I am controlling with my keyboard and mouse. I am using a WiiU Pro Controller with an 8Bitdo USB adapter for the controller (unfortunately the 8bitdo desktop software is not compatible with this controller, but the adapter works fine. The controller works flawlessly to control the game, but I cannot get it to recognize the controller as anything besides player 1 in or out of the game.

Edit: Still not fixed! I borrowed another 8bitdo and wiiu pro controller so I could have one as player one and the other as player two, but it doesn't work for this game for some reason (I am trying the start local coop option in the options menu).

Last edited:

onizuka_sensei

Newcomer
I may have a breakthrough. Sorry it's long winded.
I recently started playing and used the options menu to start local coop to play with my kids. Myself as the main on keyboard/ mouse and child1 on controller. I later tried to do a 3 person split with keyboard/ mouse and 2 controllers and it worked as expected however. At some point my 3rd player had to leave and quit the co-op and it automatically forced myself and child 1 onto the 2 controllers and the keyboard was the one without a player.

Later in the same session I had player 3 rejoin on an additional controller and all 3 of us were using controller with no problems.
Haven't tried to do it again but it was a great moment.
Hope this helps somewhere.