Lobster Fishing Pond

Widget

Sodbuster
I wanted a sturgeon pond, so I built the pond and went fishing, checked Krobus on Wednesdays, and the Traveling Cart, but no sturgeon. I did buy a lobster with the notion of making lobster bisque, but when I got home I threw it into the pond. I figured if a sturgeon came around, I'd just clear the pond of lobsters.

Well, let me tell you! That 10-lobster pool is a minor goldmine! First of all, I can fish for lobsters for Elliot's birthday or to cook with. And they do NOT just pump out boring roe everyday. Today I got a beach totem. This is what a lobster pond (and several other of the crab-pot fishes) can give you:

Nautilus Shell
Warp Totem: Beach
Seaweed
Sea Urchin
Coral
Trash
Driftwood
Broken Glasses
Broken CD
Soggy Newspaper
Roe

And the roe is red. I really like those totems, the trash is "so what," and the other things are useful or sellable. If I get a sturgeon, I'm building another pond.

Boo1972

Farmer
I wanted a sturgeon pond, so I built the pond and went fishing, checked Krobus on Wednesdays, and the Traveling Cart, but no sturgeon. I did buy a lobster with the notion of making lobster bisque, but when I got home I threw it into the pond. I figured if a sturgeon came around, I'd just clear the pond of lobsters.

Well, let me tell you! That 10-lobster pool is a minor goldmine! First of all, I can fish for lobsters for Elliot's birthday or to cook with. And they do NOT just pump out boring roe everyday. Today I got a beach totem. This is what a lobster pond (and several other of the crab-pot fishes) can give you:

Nautilus Shell
Warp Totem: Beach
Seaweed
Sea Urchin
Coral
Trash
Driftwood
Broken Glasses
Broken CD
Soggy Newspaper
Roe

And the roe is red. I really like those totems, the trash is "so what," and the other things are useful or sellable. If I get a sturgeon, I'm building another pond.
That’s awesome! I’m from Maryland and we eat a lot of crabs so I might build a crab pond. I have to say I got an awesome rare drop from my blob fish and really recommend a blob fish pond. There is a great thread on this forum where people shared photos of their fish ponds. I recommend searching it out.

I haven't tested too many other fish before, I've done catfish and super cucumber. That's pretty cool! Might have to add a lobster pond to the mix.