Coding Help Little Help Please? My First SDV Mod.

CleverNickName

Greenhorn
(I originally posted this in the wrong forum...sorry about that)

I've recently inherited a mod (Tree Shaker 1.6). It was originally written by TyoAtrosa, and they gave permission to update it to version 1.6 of Stardew Valley. So I posted the mod here, and the amazing @huancz updated it to the new version for everyone to use (thanks again!) It works just as good as the original version, which was written for Stardew Valley 1.3...it is amazing for keeping tree spread in check, since I don't have to worry about pinecones and acorns sneaking around behind my barns clogging up my fields and blocking my livestock.

A lot has been added to the game since v1.3, however. ConcernedApe has since added Mahogany Trees and Mossy Seeds, and we can now collect Mushroom Seeds from giant mushroom trees. I'm trying to add these new seeds to my mod, and...well, it's not going well. I'm not a programmer, I've never used C++ C#, and I wouldn't know a compiler from a composter. The only modding experience I have is from Skyrim, a decade ago, which uses its own resource kit. So while I might know how to manage files on the Nexus, I really don't know squat about code.

The original files are here.
@huancz updates are here.

Any advice, assistance, or suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited: