Limits on hearts with dateables while married??

lilybean

Greenhorn
So I’m married to Sam in stardew and can’t find info anywhere about exactally what happened when you increase your relationships to a certain point with the other dateables. How many hearts should I stop at? How will Sam react if I go past that amount? And most important of all, can I get blue chickens from Shane while I’m married?

RennyBenny

Sodbuster
You’ll automatically stop at I think 10. You have to give them a bouquet to go any further to 12 with is the max. He won’t care unless you give them a bouquet and then give them gifts, then he’ll get suspicious of you but it doesn’t really damage your relationship to him. As for the chickens, I have no clue lol.

lilybean

Greenhorn
You’ll automatically stop at I think 10. You have to give them a bouquet to go any further to 12 with is the max. He won’t care unless you give them a bouquet and then give them gifts, then he’ll get suspicious of you but it doesn’t really damage your relationship to him. As for the chickens, I have no clue lol.
THANK YOUUUUU

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
The milestones for friendship are:
A max of 10 hearts unless:
They are a marriage candidate with a max of 8 hearts. You can gift them a bouquet to allow friendship up to 10 hearts.
At 10 hearts you can marry them or roommate krobus and they will have up to 14 hearts.
At 12.5 hearts they give you a stardrop

Ereo

Helper
You can get to 8 hearts without any effect. Blue chickens are from Shane’s 8 heart event so no problem.
Once you give them a bouquet, you can get to 10 hearts. Your spouse might get jealous if you give a gift to any marriage candidate of the same gender (exception is birthday gift) that you’re currently dating.

ArtifactSpot

If your dat
So I’m married to Sam in stardew and can’t find info anywhere about exactally what happened when you increase your relationships to a certain point with the other dateables. How many hearts should I stop at? How will Sam react if I go past that amount? And most important of all, can I get blue chickens from Shane while I’m married?

Well if you’re already married I’d stop at 8 hearts, be just good friends and not give the bouquet to them. You can get perfection this way still and your spouse only gets jealous if you’re giving bouquets to other singles while married. You get chickens at 8 hearts so need not date him for those.

imnvs

Local Legend
Clarification:

If you are married, your spouse does not get upset if you give a bouquet to someone. Your spouse only gets jealous if you give a gift to someone you are dating (as in someone you have given a bouquet to) if that person is the same gender as your spouse.

Unless you give the bouquet, friendships with candidates stay at 8 hearts without decay.
If you continue gifting a candidate after reaching 8 hearts, while married, the same gender as your spouse, you may trigger a jealous dialog from your spouse. However I don't think that comes with any loss of hearts or penalty.
And the blue chickens are not related to marriage, dating, or romance.