Lewis the very shady mayor

Person090

Planter
Ever wonder where the town's taxes go to? Strange how, the town barely seems to change even though Lewis collects a lot of money from the businesses and promises he would think of something to make the town better next year. How could he have afforded his gold statue? Why do the children have broken textbooks, surely some of the taxes would go to help the children learn. Lewis is wasting the town's taxes on his own personal agenda. Not caring about the education of the people of pelican town. For a mayor, he doesn't really notice if his citizens are in a bad place, like Shane and Pam, maybe because he's too busy with his own love life with marnie and ego to the point he would make a gold statue of himself to notice and take care of them

Ereo

Helper
I agree!

He just walks around town collecting money. Why did he leave restoring the community center to the player instead of using tax money?
Why is there no healthcare system and I have to pay a 1000$ for someone to tug me into bed?
Why does the player have to look after Pam? If that is a community service, why not use tax money?

On a personal level, he is also very mean.
I don't like how in his heart event he tells Marnie their relationship has to be a secret or he will loose his authority! What kind of authority can be destroyed by being in a relationship with a rancher in good standing?

redbobcat

Rancher
The town has its own library and museum and celebrates 2 festivals every season. That’s a good use of tax money right there. I’m not saying Lewis is not corrupted but he also does some good and seems to care about the town. Nobody is perfect.

Xyrella

Planter
Why did he leave restoring the community center to the player instead of using tax money?
Generally speaking: Don't you ever asked yourself why the community center is a ruin when we arrive? Lewis said it used to be the pride and joy of the town. But that was long time ago. There is no more demand so using tax money to restore it would be a waste. And honestly, when we're done with it, the villagers don't really overrun it as it is empty most of the time. Seems that a friday evening in the saloon is a much better get together for the community.

Of course there are some shady projects going on. He's just a politician (without election!). And he'd also like to be in good financial shape to impress the governor. Speaking of him, the governor is also a shady person. Every year he says that he must speak to the missus about purchasing a vacation home in the valley. Did he ever do that?

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom

Ereo

Helper
Well, it might be a chicken and egg problem.

If people had used it more, tax money would have been used for maintenance, and since it got run down people stopped using it altogether. Or, no maintenance was done (even though people used it), so people stopped using it.
Now that it's back, people got other routines.

Festivals are nice, but shouldn't tax money be used for the necessary things before the extras?

And why does the farmer not pay taxes? Why does Lewis keep sending them money?

He is a medium sized fish in a small pond. But doesn't evolve to a big fish in a small pond. Thankfully so! If he did, joja would've won before you even had a chance to help.