Let's fix 'Raised Garden Beds' by Blueberry

Lillipad.Frog

Greenhorn
A few months ago a beloved (22,000 dLs) mod 'Raised Garden Beds' by Blueberry broke, unfortunately the OG dev has abandoned the project as of January 2022. The problems are all recorded in the Nexus posts section of the mod, and I'll describe my personal experiences:
upon placing the garden beds they break the game, spawning an unknown object on top of them (a green bar with a shadow, titled "???"). A few users have already requested mod devs fix this mod, so let's start. And while we're at it why not try and update the deprecated code before the mod breaks all over again.

I only recently got into Stardew Valley and have minimal experience with mods, but I have a lot of other tech support skills, so I need some help to identify the problems and fix them.
- I have an idea already, actually, if we can find wherever the garden pot and tilling game code is and extract the xnb we may be able to build this mod from the ground up by copying some of the scripts.

Attached are some personal error messages and such:

Attachments

FricativeMelon

Greenhorn
I made some changes to the public code and rebuilt (with changes to make it compile), and though I never used this mod previously, everything seems to be working as expected, with none of the described bugs showing up. I've attached an updated version. Make sure you have an updated SpaceCore (in Mods folder, not Mods/[CORE]) and it should work.

Though I don't have permission to redistribute so I will hold off on that actually and not attach it.

Last edited:

Lillipad.Frog

Greenhorn
I made some changes to the public code and rebuilt (with changes to make it compile), and though I never used this mod previously, everything seems to be working as expected, with none of the described bugs showing up. I've attached an updated version. Make sure you have an updated SpaceCore (in Mods folder, not Mods/[CORE]) and it should work.

Though I don't have permission to redistribute so I will hold off on that actually and not attach it.
Apologies for my lateness, scholarship season has wiped the floor with me and my ADHD thought everything would be fine and I could totally mod in the meantime ;-;. Its awesome how quickly you were able to fix this mod, your quickness is incredible and shows you're a really talented modder. As I said before I'm not very experienced so now that we have a fix, what's the next step? I think (or at least hope) that publishing the fixes are acceptable so we can message the original creator and fix the mods ourselves without republishing Blueberry's mod.

FricativeMelon

Greenhorn
Apologies for my lateness, scholarship season has wiped the floor with me and my ADHD thought everything would be fine and I could totally mod in the meantime ;-;. Its awesome how quickly you were able to fix this mod, your quickness is incredible and shows you're a really talented modder. As I said before I'm not very experienced so now that we have a fix, what's the next step? I think (or at least hope) that publishing the fixes are acceptable so we can message the original creator and fix the mods ourselves without republishing Blueberry's mod.
Good news! The update has officially been published to Nexus for Raised Garden Beds!