Art LEGO Stardew Valley coming to BrickCon in Seattle!

SteveDJ9999

Sodbuster
A few months ago, I posted pics of the start of my creation ... Stardew Valley done in LEGO. The project is now nearly complete, and it's time to show it off!

If you are in or near the Pacific Northwest, come to BrickCon 2024 in Bellevue, WA, September 7th and 8th. They tend to sellout, so get your tickets early if you want to see this in person.

Here is a preview, taken a couple weeks ago. It is difficult to get a full pic, because I'm always taking a section out to work on it. But I'm finishing up the buildings this week, as well as the beach, and forest cliffs.

Addendum: I've learned that Concerned Ape is local to the area. I hope he can come see this, but I don't use Twitter so cannot invite directly. 😥

20240726_163305.jpg

Lew Zealand

Helper
Wow that's fantastic! I especially love the effort put into the elevation changes and how they're designed.

It's interesting how you've addressed (and even avoided) the problem of some of the maps simply not fitting together as in-game the sizes are too far off from each other. Do you have plans to enlarge the map with the Mountains and if so, will you jog the path to the north or maybe change it so the path comes out below the Mountain House? I mean, it's impossible with how the map is done in-game so you have cart blanche to make it your way, which is great!

SteveDJ9999

Sodbuster
Yes, indeed there have been some adjustments. In particular, that's why I put the Title sign there ... it fills a huge section skipped in game between your farm, and Robin's place. 😁

The river going north from Jojamart is more sideways in my build, but yes it keeps the same feel as the game. I also had to add a waterfall that must be implied, even though the game never shows it. (At least in 1.5, which I'm stuck with on Switch for now).

Wow that's fantastic! I especially love the effort put into the elevation changes and how they're designed.

It's interesting how you've addressed (and even avoided) the problem of some of the maps simply not fitting together as in-game the sizes are too far off from each other. Do you have plans to enlarge the map with the Mountains and if so, will you jog the path to the north or maybe change it so the path comes out below the Mountain House? I mean, it's impossible with how the map is done in-game so you have cart blanche to make it your way, which is great!

DragonGwen

Farmer
This looks great!
Would love to come, but not in Seattle area. :(
I showed this to a LEGO Class I do when it was still in the development stages, and will show the finished result when I can!

SteveDJ9999

Sodbuster
This looks great!
Would love to come, but not in Seattle area. :(
I showed this to a LEGO Class I do when it was still in the development stages, and will show the finished result when I can!
If you'd like to see/follow all the development stages, I post such on my Instagram page (stevedj9999). Just know I'm horrible at remembering to take pics, and sometimes go 3 months between posts.

SteveDJ9999

Sodbuster
Update: Front section (the entire coastline) is now finished, along with all the buildings! Indeed, I could kinda call it "functionally complete". Naturally, I've now got to add the trees/bushes, the people, and fix/finish a couple dozen minor things. It's is also surprisingly difficult to get a complete picture here in this bedroom. Better pictures, from the front and other angles, will have to wait until BrickCon -- setup in 4 days!

Please, help spread the word that this will be on display this weekend! (Sept 7-8).

20240901_180009.jpg

Slideruth

Greenhorn
I saw your build at BrickCon today and it was such a treat! Beautiful work, I was delighted. Love all the townspeople and the landscape/cliff faces. Krobus, and Grandfather's tomb, the hat mouse--thank you so much for sharing it with everyone!